Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eco Bubble problem with drum seal after 2 months!

(Topic created on: 09-11-2021 07:39 PM)
Emmalcgxx
First Poster
Options

I purchased my  series 5 8kg Ecobubble which was delivered on 6th September 2021. 

Once it was installed it was working fine, minus one sock always being trapped in the seal (I've read this has been a common issue!).

On 6th November 2021- 2 months after purchase- water started leaking mid-cycle out of the drum. The door was correctly shut and I hadn't overfilled the machine.

I contacted Samsung via Live Chat and they have me a call today. I sent over photos of the seal and a bit of loose metal that I presume was from the seal across to the email address they provided and said they would call me back- which they did.

I was informed on the phone that the seal isn't covered and I'll have to pay £140 for someone to come out and look at it/fix it.

This machine cost me approx £400 only 2 months ago and now I'm expected to pay an additional £140 when the problem is through no fault of my own?! This doesn't seem right to me!

Has anyone had experience of this or similar?

I have read a lot of consumers having similar problems with the seal and also 'trapped socks.'

What can I do? Just seems appalling considering its a new machine and very expensive!

Any advice welcome

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Marktsh
First Poster
Options

My Samsung is 10 months old with 2 year extended guarantee. We are very careful with how we load it - always use laundry bags, follow the Samsung users manual and the seal still tore. But I suspect there may have been a rogue sock let loose.

John Lewis passed me on to Samsung who were utter waste of time, ended up going back to JL and complaining, informing them of the similar seal problems on the Samsung Community forum that everyone was complaining about, and the consumers protection act. JL offered to cover the cost of repair.

Myself being an electrical engineer did not want to wait for an appointment so I offered the labour if JL reimbursed the cost of the part. Anyway here's a couple of pics and notice the missing fasteners when I removed the top cover. Poor show Samsung, my first and probably last Samsung washer.

The seal is a poor design, very thin lipped seal.

My only advice is to purchase laundry bags for all smalls, bra's etc. Where garments have zips, zip them up and turn inside out.

Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 15.53.26.pngScreenshot 2022-12-26 at 15.54.54.png

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

think they are all as thin and flimsy as that to be honest nowadays whatever make. I have seen people fill up the drum with washing and after the wash pull the whole lot of the washing out in one clump, brushing past the rubber lip, so then no question at all that a few times of doing that the the lip or the rubber gasket itself is going to rip/tear in the end