Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eco Bubble Plug Burn Out

(Topic created on: 13-06-2024 06:36 PM)
EllaJ
Student
Options
I purchased my machine on 16th February 2024. Last night I put on a wash, pottered around the house and noticed a burning smell coming from the kitchen. To my horror smoke was coming from the plug. I immediately switched off at the mains and stupidly tried to remove the plug, which turned out to be incredibly hot.

I called Samsung today, the response was not as I expected considering the seriousness (and danger) of this fault. Clearly this is a fault, judging by the posts Ive seen here and on the wider Internet. Im so upset about this. Having had a previous machine for 15 years without a problem and then this? Worse to be told it needs to be looked at and repaired? No way will we accept a repair on a 4 month old machine

Surely these machines should be recalled? Or are Samsung waiting for a tradegy to occur before they take action?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
This certainly shouldn't be happening.
Are you in the UK?
If so, please go into your profile and send a direct message to @Sam_UK with the details of the appliance and fault etc.
If you are outside of the UK, then ask on a Members community in your region
0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@EllaJ We take these matters very seriously, please drop a message to @Sam_UK and I will be happy to escalate this for you.

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
The photo doesn't show very well, but did you have it plugged into an extension lead. If so it will have in the instructions advising not to use it with an extension lead
Quite often extension leads won't be able to take higher amperage appliances for long periods of time.
Especially as they get older. The integrity of them breaks down with being heated by by large current draws of modern appliances
0 Likes
EllaJ
Student
Options
Hi. No it is plugged into a fixed socket on the wall. It's in the same place my previous machine stood for over 10 years.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Probably best to get an electrician to look at replacing the socket outlet.
What concerns me is that inside the outlet look burnt out.
Difficult to say if it was the outlet or the appliance plug at fault.
So best to be on the safe side and get them both looked at