Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eco bubble 9kg washer and dryer unresponsive

(Topic created on: 10-04-2020 04:16 PM)
JodieD
Student
Options

Hi,

My washer/dryer has decided to lock itself with a full load inside. The door locked sign isn't on but it's not opening at all. Also, none of the cycles are working - no matter what I turn the dial to it won't start when I press the start/button but just beeps twice quickly and then nothing happens.

Literally tried everything: unplugged it all over night, drained any excess water manually, tried to enter "diagnostic mode", checked all the pipes and electronics....

We have a baby and need this washing machine to be working ASAP! I've asked for help from Samsung this morning and I am having to wait days for a call back from an engineer. After reading through these all morning, it seems like this is happening a lot with these washing machines so why aren't Samsung doing something about it? Also, rather than waiting for however long to have this fixed, is it worth just biting the bullet and buying a new machine of any other brand other than Samsung? 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Jam1eM
Samsung Pro
Options
Sorry to hear you are having issues, can you advise on the model number at all, or even upload a photo of the front of the machine with it switched on and we can see what is happening.
I'm worried the child lock may be on.

You may also need to complete the emergency drain procedure for 5C issues this usually releases the door.

Let me know and we will see if we can help you further.
0 Likes
JodieD
Student
Options

Child lock isn't on and we have already manually drained the machine. 

0 Likes
Jam1eM
Samsung Pro
Options
okay, when you drained it at the filter area (drop down flap) there maybe an emergency door release tab - essentially a black piece of thin plastic. This is at about 2 o clock position if you look at the filter circular bit.
If you pull down on this while gently pulling the door it should release the door. Not all unit have this but worth a try.
Failing that you will need an engineer to look at it and you will need to go through to the normal support section (www.samsung.com/support)
0 Likes
JodieD
Student
Options

Which part? image.jpg

0 Likes
Jam1eM
Samsung Pro
Options

Screenshot_20200410-161117_Samsung Internet.jpg

If you pull down towards the floor on the bit circled in yellow it will release the door providing you wiggle the door at the same time. It will only move down about 1cm though so don't try to force it to the floor.

0 Likes
JodieD
Student
Options

Thank you! This worked but the machine is still unresponsive. Every time I try to start a cycle it makes a double beeping sound and nothing happens 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Are you getting any error code or message on the display when that happens @JodieD ? Would you be able to tell us which washing machine model do you have? This can be found inside the appliance's door on a white sticker.

0 Likes
Jam1eM
Samsung Pro
Options
Yep the model number will help now you have the door open.

If you can upload a photo of the display area with it switched on this will help us help you.
0 Likes
JodieD
Student
Options

image.jpg

image.jpg

0 Likes