Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECO 40-60 only reaches 31'c Maximum Temp???

(Topic created on: 29-01-2023 10:42 PM)
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

WW90T534DAW Washing Machine:

This is confusing ad where is the logic in it? 

if you turn the dial to ECO 40-60 it only reaches 31'c Maximum Temp - why? 

you would think it adjusts temperature of the wash up to 60'c and yet it does not even reach 40'c then? 

I don't get it

andy_in_ireland_0-1674864581524.png

7 REPLIES 7
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
Apparently it's supposed to give the stain removal results of a 40-60⁰C wash (not the same hygiene results though). There's some sort of regulation that got introduced in March 2021 that all machines must have an Eco 40-60 programme where I guess the machine uses all the technology it has to save energy (eg Ecobubble). I've tried it once and haven’t used it since. Wash performance is alright but the rinses aren't too great - even with the twin water supply which only sprays the door glass and seal on my machine which shouldn't happen. The longer spin is the best part. You're better off imagining it's not there because it isn't a good wash cycle in general. It would've made more logical sense to me if it was simply called 'Eco' just like all dishwashers.
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

my WW90T534DAW is missing that 'Twin Water supply' system, they just havent bothered adding all the extra bit like the other solenoid on the cold water inlet and the pipe that runs along the soap drawer housing and goes down to the door rubber and there is no jet in the top of the rubber grey door gasket  - but yeah that shouldnt be aimed on the door like that surely, that doesnt sound right! 
I would say the jet in that door gasket is supposed to be aimed towards the middle to the back of the drum to 'soak' the clothes , to help rinse them better too. Sounds crazy it just goes on the glass door bowl . 

EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
It definitely doesn't sound which is what bothers me. On the 2022 Series 8 models like mine Quickdrive, isn't as it has been in the past with the pulsator action. Now, the machine basically increases the RPM and tumble durations and relies heavily on spin sprays. For the rinses, the machine tumbles as its filling up with water and then drains as soon as the ideal level is reached. Therefore, it's fair to say it does rely on the spin sprays which never goes to plan. I found a video on YouTube of what appears to be the same machine as the one I've got with the jet tilted by around 45⁰ being demonstrated at IFA 2022. Mine isn't tilted so it could mean my machine has a minor manufacturing fault or is a prototype or perhaps the one in the picture has a fault. I have no idea! The tilted angle looks like it can solve the issue I've got but I won't risk moving the jet because its only 2 months old.
I've always been shocked as to why the Series 5+ machines don't have the extra water supply (especially the Auto Dose models since there's only one compartment in the detergent drawer). I read the product description and noticed it wasn't a feature on them and considered the WW90T684DLN. Eventually, I chose a 2022 Series 8 model because of the £150 off trade in deal and because it had a newer door seal, pump clean feature for the auto dose and a 'Less Microfibre' cycle which didn't come installed on the machine and after a software update a few weeks ago, still hasn't been installed. Screenshot_20230129_000019_YouTube.jpg
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

thats interesting, how does your particular machine get its software updates? - is it through the smarthings app?

EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah. I went on the clothing care add-on in the Smarthings app and saw a pop up saying an update was available. A day after when I was about to do a load of laundry and switched on Smart control, I saw a pop up on the washing machine menu in SmartThings letting me know that a software update was available to install. It took about 20 minutes for the machine to get updated. I can imagine your machine will get an update soon since the 2020 and 2022 models are very similar. I can't tell if the spelling mistake of the word 'recommended' has been eliminated since it has always been spelt correctly on my machine after every recommended programme. Definitely keep an eye out for an update.

I did the risky thing today and nudged the nozzle to the right. The spin spray is much more effective now.
0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

Thanks for that - I dont appear to have 'clothing care' plugin on my smartthings app is it supposed to be here? 

andy_in_ireland_2-1675124956501.png

Thats good your spray nozzle is working better now you nudged it a bit 

EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
The layout for my machine is different I'm afraid. Try checking the information and HomeCare Wizard tabs frequently. 2017-2020 QuickDrive machines don't have a clothing care plugin but can still receive software updates (not sure if they still do, but there have been updates for those models in the past to tweak things).