Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV8800 tumble dryer - Samsung support told me the door is reversible but it's not

(Topic created on: 15-01-2021 03:07 PM)
Options

Hello all

I recently purchased a Samsung DV8800 tumble dryer (DV90N8288AX).

As well as having a huge problem with leaking lint which I discovered is a known issue with the dryer, I purchased the machine partly because the Samsung website indicated that it had a reversible door. 

On the product page for the dryer, there is a FAQ which states "Are the doors of my Samsung washer or dryer reversible?" Clicking on that takes you to this page which states "The washing machine door is not reversible. However the dryer door is reversible."

I had a look at the machine and it didn't seem like the door was reversible to me.

So I started a chat with Samsung support, gave them my model number and asked if it's reversible. They said yes. 

Turns out it's definitely NOT reversible.

Samsung support has really, really let me down with this and the lint issue and appears to have no knowledge of their own products. The website is also incorrect.

Now I'm stuck with a machine which spews out tons of lint and a non-reversible door. 

I won't ever buy Samsung again.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @FrustratedCustomer ,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel let down. I have had a look at the appliance's manual and it seems that the door is reversible only on the DV9*N62****/DV8*N62**** models: https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201908/20190812110131398/DV8800N-DV6800N_DC68-03912J-0... (page 23).

In regard to the lint are you able to add a picture of this, are you getting lint after every wash or a particular one? 

0 Likes