Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Dryer thinks it’s a washer

(Topic created on: 07-10-2022 11:28 AM)
Notsmart1
Apprentice
Options

Hi, trying to add the dryer to SmartThings and it keeps failing, the only Samsung device it can find is a washer…. Which we don’t have!! Anyone have any ideas? Tried to talk to CS and it they fobbed me off saying it must be an app issue! Any help appreciated! (SAMSUNG - Series 9 DV90T8240SH/S1 WiFi-enabled 9)

11 REPLIES 11
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
The washer will be a neighbours being picked up.

Have you tried restarting the router this does fix a lot of WiFi connectivity issues, has someone change the WiFi settings a lot of people mess around with routers settings. Does your phone get a good WiFi connection where your dryer is?

Have you gone through the manual which can be found here

https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/model/DV90T8240SH/S1/
0 Likes
Notsmart1
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply, it’s really weird, we have no neighbours to pick up there devices! It’s as if the dryer has been programmed with the washer name. Will restart all the Wi-Fi today and see if it helps, phone has a good signal across the house!

again, appreciate your reply!

Notsmart1
Apprentice
Options

Anyone know who I can talk to on this? Helpline blamed the app, but looks like the machine to me! Thx

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Notsmart1 

It may well be worth dropping an email to our SmartThings Support Team at support@smartthings.co.uk. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Chth1
Student
Options

Any solutions for this problem? I have the exactly the same.

0 Likes
Chth1
Student
Options

Same machine aswell

0 Likes
Notsmart1
Apprentice
Options

Hi , no not fixed this yet as got frustrated and sacked it off. Expensive piece of kit for stupid problems like this. You have prompted me to go after it again. 

0 Likes
Solution
Notsmart1
Apprentice
Options

This worked!!

Switch off at wall for ten mins, whole thing resets and like magic the Wi-Fi name changed from washer to dryer! WTf

Chth1
Student
Options

This actually worked! Thank you

0 Likes