Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drain hose issues on Samsung Eco Bubble washing machine

(Topic created on: 06-11-2020 12:01 AM)
auldain
First Poster
Options

I have bought a WW80 Eco Bubble washer. I am having issues with the length of the drain hose. I find it is a few inches too short to reach the sink drainage connection. An extension hose would be overkill for the few extra inches needed so I'm looking for another solution. Other washing machines I've owned had the drain hose coming out of the machine at the bottom, as is the case with this Samsung. But unlike the Samsung, on other machines the hose was loose and could be laid along the kitchen floor or at and angle behind the machine, and then brought up and into the sink cabinet. This Samsung however has a blue plastic clamp securing the drain hose to the top right corner of the maching holding the pipe vertically up the right hand side, and this restricts the loose length of hose available. Can anyone advise if it is ok to disconnect the hose from the blue clamp without affecting the operation of the machines drainage system? Doing this would free up the extra length I heed to connect to the sink drain. I cant see releasing the hose from the clamp as being an issue but I hope someone can confirm this. I previously tried contacting Samsung for advice using thier live chat but this provided no answer and was frankly a waste of my time.    

21 REPLIES 21
WillH5080
Apprentice
Options
Hello
I had the same problem when i bought a new dishwasher. I bought an extension hose which simply attaches to the existing hose from screwfix. But it seems that I'm not the only one.
0 Likes
Brooksie2020
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have just brough the eco bubble Samsung washing machine and have the same issue. Trout let pipe doesn't reach the sink connector. 

Have you manage to find a solution?

please please help. 

regards 

0 Likes
Brooksie2020
First Poster
Options
Hi,

I have just brough the eco bubble Samsung washing machine and have the same issue. Trout let pipe doesn't reach the sink connector.

please please help.

0 Likes
NBB
First Poster
Options

@Brooksie2020 wrote:

Hi,

please please help. 

regards 

Hi!

I bought the following and got my partner to do it pretty tight. It's been working since then thankfully. It does need to be done tight though.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extension-Washing-Machines-Dishwashers-70-200/dp/B07TFJK2BB

0 Likes
Jimmyads15
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

You'll need to get an extension hose to get it to the drain on the sink. The way I did it was to buy an extension from somewhere like Wickes and some jubilee clips as they're not the tightest fit. Then I extended the hose to the drain and put the clips around the join. Works absolutely fine now and it's never leaked. Hopefully this works out for you. Not the best design. 

James

0 Likes
Brooksie2020
First Poster
Options
Hi James. Thank you for your fast reply, I really appreciate it. We have brought an extension and a connector with some jubilee clips that are 16-27ml (Maybe too big). From the washing machine pipe and the connector there is a leak. Do you think the connector (from screwfix) may be too small in diameter? Or I need to buy smaller jubilee clips?

Thank you
0 Likes
Jimmyads15
First Poster
Options
I wrapped the male part of the connector in ptfe tape and then just really tightened it up. I'm not a plumber but thought that there couldn't be much pressure there as it's just the waste flow. But it's been fine so far.
0 Likes
Brooksie2020
First Poster
Options
Ok thank you. So shall I wrap the tape around the outlet hose connector first, then push the hose on and tighten it with a clip?

Thank you again
0 Likes
Brooksie2020
First Poster
Options

Hi James,

Just to let you know I used your idea of using ptfe tape on the connector and it's worked wonders! 

so just thought I would say a huge thank you again for your help.

God Bless,

0 Likes
shailpat
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have the same issue two weeks back bought Samsung 8.5kg bubble washer, Drainage pipe 3 to 4 inch short. I have used in past other brand washing machine pipe was reaching perfectly. Water constantly leaking because pipe short and hardly reach. Called goodguys they booked samsung technician. got called from Samsung they said they will charge $165 if no fault found, there pipe is short is not problem. This is new home laundry and perfectly design as per standard

0 Likes