Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Door alarm goes off for no reason, then compressor shuts off

(Topic created on: 20-11-2020 10:08 PM)
Alex777777
Journeyman
Options

Door alarm goes off for no reason, then compressor shuts off. When I open/close the French doors a few times or push the doors harder it is back to normal operation. Are the reed switches going bad or they are misaligned with the magnets? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Alex777777 ,

can we grab your fridge model? This can be found at the back, side, or inside on a white sticker. How long have you been experiencing this? 

0 Likes
Alex777777
Journeyman
Options

Certainly. RF31FMESBSR/AA

We are having this "disorder" for a few months. It does not happen all the time, though. 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Are the doors closing correctly? Is there any visible damage around the seal?

0 Likes
Alex777777
Journeyman
Options

Yes, double checked the seals, cleaned them, there’s no obstruction for the doors to close properly

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Pull the refrigerator out from its nook, and unplug it to reset the connection. The beeps should stop. Allow a minute to pass, and plug the Samsung back in. Monitor it for a couple of hours to see if this still happening after resetting the connection. 

0 Likes
Alex777777
Journeyman
Options

Done unplugging multiple times. It no longer helps (it did help in the beginning of the problem). After some time it would start beeping as if the French door is loosely closed and display panel is continuously lit.

0 Likes
Solution
Alex777777
Journeyman
Options

Just an update. I opened the top plastic cover of the fridge, disconnected the harness and took the reed switches out, then I took the magnets out of the top of the French door. Then I reconnected and put the reed switches back in place, and put the magnets back where they belong. After that, it has been about a week now that the fridge operates normally without any issues. It looks like the issue was a misalignment of the magnets and reed switches or poor electrical contact in the harness the connects reed switches to the system.

0 Likes