Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Dishwasher DW60A8070BB/EO WiFi always on and smarthings throw 11-001

(Topic created on: 23-02-2023 10:48 AM)
SmartThingsMaestro
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

we recently bought and installed a samsung DW60A8070BB/EO dishwasher. Unlike our washing machine I noticed that the WiFi hotspot was always broadcasting as Dishwasher_E40Aw<…>R9504

we did not even plan to setup smarthings for now but I thought it wont stop broadcasting unless I do. It does this anytime its plugged into the mains, even if its ‘shut off’

i tried to connect both through QR code while it states: “Unable to join the network
"Dishwasher E40AWGOOO"” (which is not the correct - full wifi name, not sure if relevant)

and by joining the WiFi directly with the 11…22… password which I can do, but the app doesnt detect it neither through the wizard nor by find nearby function and throws the same errors.

i seemingly tried everything also turning off circuit breakers and waiting and trying to join by holding the AP button and for it being in AP mode and not.

is this a warranty issue and I need to uninstall it? Would be a costly great shame .

i have a hunch its some sort of software issue and 1) it shouldnt broadcast from factory without ever doing AP/SmartThings setup, 2) its trying to read the wrong WiFi SSID? 

87AFE2B1-5223-4C5A-B1BC-85611BC17B29.png

D6A0FFBD-355D-4EDA-8775-9F4F7ECAA678.jpeg

DFA83D08-D6AA-4AFC-A6EC-3A531D788DB8.png

600B7036-0CBC-4DF7-BEE3-F0651B517E43.png

2A82402C-A7D9-4C40-820A-D0C69DE7D1E7.png

4 REPLIES 4
Ishir
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue. Did you manage to fix it somehow?

0 Likes
SmartThingsMaestro
Apprentice
Options

Hey Ishir, sadly no. I emailed Samsung support directly but all I get is bots sending me generic instructions.

We have quite a few samsung appliances so its a shame, I think I will start considering other brands from now.

Will contact seller for direct warranty work. 

0 Likes
Solution
SmartThingsMaestro
Apprentice
Options

Hello @Ishir , got a chance to play with an Android device and randomly tried to press find nearby devices and it finally worked!

it asked for the number which I typed over from the sticker with the QR code.

so I guesst to try this way, good luck!

p.s. you can later move appliances across shared accounts etc if its an another persons phone

0 Likes
airen29
First Poster
Options

Sadly this solution does not work for me. I'm using Apple iPhone 13 with SmartThings application, dishwasher is just now showing in the app and I am not able to connect to it.

I have the same problem with the WiFi name.

0 Likes