Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC1 error

(Topic created on: 20-10-2020 02:55 PM)
gcn
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung WD90J6A10AX/EU washer dryer that has started showing a DC1 error. The warranty on the machine expired a couple of months ago (typically) so i have tried to solve the issue myself by searching online. I checked for any obstructions of the door lock but couldn't find any, turned the machine off at the wall for long periods before turning back on again but still no joy so i ordered and fitted a new door lock (the part that fits to the inside of the machine) but the problem remains.

Basically the machine is constantly locking and unlocking itself - i can hear a clunking sound and it definitely is capable of locking as i am unable to unlock it until i hear the "clunk" again - and i am unable to start a cycle.

I've spoken to a couple of people who have advised me it sounds like it may be an electrical problem and i'd need a new board which is upwards of £200 before adding on labour costs to fit it.

I'm less than happy at the prospect of a £700 machine that is barely more than 2 years old requiring this kind of repair. Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what the issue might be?

Full disclosure: i did start the repairs process through samsung but the local centre they passed the job to have terrible reviews online and have been borderline uncontactable by phone, so i really don't want to proceed with the repair through them.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
DOTnet
Pioneer
Options
Couple of checks you can do at home. Run your hand along the rubber seal to check if anything has gotten trapped. Secondly, the door look if I'm right has two screws either side of it? If you are confident enough to check, it may be that water has ingressed into the sensor and shorted it.
0 Likes
spirit_of_the_time
First Poster
Options

I have a WD90J6A10AX too with exactly the same described problem. I replaced the door lock (£64 plus delivery from eSpares) but it continues to malfunction - initially it stopped with a code 1 displaying, didn't play the final notes on the tune and now has gone back to a DC1 code and failing to run or unlock. I'm wondering if it's a faulty replacement lock, or whether the board has given up. Like the OP, I'm annoyed as the machine isn't very old and it's marginal if it's a main board whether it's worth scrapping it and shelling out for a new one. Has anyone got any further insight to offer please?

0 Likes