Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cotton wash cycle samsung washing machine

(Topic created on: 06-12-2017 05:03 PM)
hedge63
First Poster
Options

Hi, had washing machine for a year and have noticed when I put on a cotton wash, the machine weighs the load and sets a wash time. Yep all good, but about 15mins into the wash, the set wash time dramatically falls. For example, put a towel wash on, machine set time for 2hr 17mins, after about 15 mins, wash time fell to 56mins. this happends on every cotton wash regardless of weight. Is this normal ?,  as I'm thinking " it never use to do that". Also another example, put a cotton king bed matress protector on, as being heavy, wash time sets to about 2hrs 40mins, again after a short time wash time falls to about an hour and ten. Considering before machine weighs load, a cotton cycle default time is about 3hrs. Every cotton wash I put on, does not get near that, but you would think a heavy matress protector would. Any thoughts welcome

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
hedge63
First Poster
Options

can anyone run a cotton wash cycle, to comfirm their machine does the same. 

0 Likes
Kiwilkewl73
First Poster
Options

I find that the cotton cycle starts off at 3hrs and after a few spins and the water  filled tub, the time drops down (assuming weight based) to shorter time sometimes 1.5hrs

AdmRuss
First Poster
Options

I don't have such problems with my washing machine from Samsung. I bought it two years ago and it works perfectly. I tried all the regimes of washing, and I think they are good. The main problem with my washing machine is that the capacity of it is very small. I have a lot of weighted blanket at home and when I want to wash all of them it takes a lot of time. The main problem is that I can put only one of them in the machine and the washing process is very long. If I want to wash all of them I have to wait a whole day to finish. That's why I recommend buying a larger one.

0 Likes
Maggie
First Poster
Options

I am thinking of buying Samsung but want to know if ecobubble and steam clean technologies can both be found in one model.  Also, I get the impression the wash cycles can be very long.  I phoned Samsung - still holding on after being transferred x3 times waiting for the technical team to find the answer.  Best answer was I could find in the User Manual after I have bought.  

0 Likes
rod424
First Poster
Options

I found the same with the Cotton cycle, also when set to 40 degrees the water is not heated. Works ok on 30 degrees.

0 Likes