Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Combi oven MC32K7055CK Hot Blast

(Topic created on: 07-08-2020 10:19 AM)
Scozzese
Journeyman
Options

Should the Hot Blast oven have its temperature set as for a conventional oven or for a fan-assisted oven? Cooking instructions normally tell you to set the temperature 20°C lower when it's fan-assisted.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Cobwebs
Explorer
Options

Yes its similar to a fan oven but sightly faster. So where it says cook on  200C I'd set Hotblast to about 190C,  you can also use the settings a recipe says for a fan oven and just reduce the time by 10-15 minutes. It's all hit and miss as there's no book available for this type of cooking, and Hotblast Auto which adds in the microwave too can be challenging. 

I had the same problems as you with Yorkshires and Toads, so use my big fan oven for those because like you I've never had a failure with them in my main oven. 

I keep a notebook of everything I cook in this combi, whether it's slim fry, hotblast or hotblast auto so I don't have to keep delving into the manual and make a guess.  Good luck. 

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Cobwebs
Explorer
Options

Yes its similar to a fan oven but sightly faster. So where it says cook on  200C I'd set Hotblast to about 190C,  you can also use the settings a recipe says for a fan oven and just reduce the time by 10-15 minutes. It's all hit and miss as there's no book available for this type of cooking, and Hotblast Auto which adds in the microwave too can be challenging. 

I had the same problems as you with Yorkshires and Toads, so use my big fan oven for those because like you I've never had a failure with them in my main oven. 

I keep a notebook of everything I cook in this combi, whether it's slim fry, hotblast or hotblast auto so I don't have to keep delving into the manual and make a guess.  Good luck. 

Scozzese
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, that's a big help. You're very thorough! 🙂

0 Likes