Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Clothes smell bad after washing

(Topic created on: 04-10-2021 03:30 PM)
jackhartley
First Poster
Options
Home Appliances

Recently my clothes have started smelling worse after being washed.

The machine (WW90T554DAN) is less than 1 year old and is cleaned regularly, both with the automatic drum clean cycle and with a Dettol washing machine cleaner.

Has anyone got a clue about where I'm going wrong? It's not that the clothes just don't smell 'fresh', they actually smell really bad.

It doesn't seem to make a difference whether I dry them outside on the line, or inside on a rack. However, using the dryer machine does seem to make things better.

Please help!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Hotshot
Options
Home Appliances

Samsung washing machine or laundry smells bad

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/

Check the drainage filter is not blocked
0 Likes
jackhartley
First Poster
Options
Home Appliances
  • I have cleaned the filter and checked that water isn't collecting in the drum
  • Previously I didn't measure out detergent and fabric conditioner, but have now started doing this as some articles suggest that adding too much actually leads to odour

Starting to run out of options that I can try...

0 Likes
IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
Home Appliances
Try running it on the Drum clean cycle leave the door and draw slightly open always after it's finished so it can air out try and remove the laundry as quickly as possible
Hope this helps
0 Likes
Dinglebert
First Poster
Options
Home Appliances

Our clothes don’t smell great either after washing. We have done everything from changing our washing powder, pods, liquid, conditioner, done the bleaching recommendation on the Samsung help pages to checking filters, water exit pipe, etc. Clothes are dried every which way and they just have that ‘unaired smell’. Something is not right with this model. I don’t expect to pay for a washing machine that has the opposite result of it’s main function. 

0 Likes