Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicking drum on WW90454130X/EU

(Topic created on: 17-01-2023 08:02 PM)
Steve129
Apprentice
Options

hi  

new member to the forum here, so first off, hello!

i have the above model washing machine, and it has developed a clicking / squeaking sound when the drum spins at a certain speed  

when the drum spins slowly, it’s fine, 

fast, it’s fine

but in between, it makes an awful sound  

I have posted a video (hopefully it works) and when I push the drum down and back manually, I can replicate the noise, but imagine that clicking noise constantly whilst the drum spins  

I suspect it needs new bearings, but all the videos / help I’ve looked into for new bearings don’t replicate the same sound I get  

I can physically feel a click when I do the movement in the video through the drum

im hoping it’s not a case of replacing the bearing, but I have done all the trouble shooting I can think of!

thanks in advance

steve 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

do you wash bra's ? - sometimes the bra wire comes out and sticks between inner and outer drum and scrapes and clicks as the drum turns

Steve129
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply - 

yes, we do - 

I have checked, checked and checked again and can’t seem to find any wires anywhere. 
And the wife is sure she isn’t missing any bra wires. 
it also happens at a specific spin speed, not sure a wire would do that? 🤷🏼‍♂️

andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

thing is with bearings when they are on their way out is that they make a noise throughout all speeds of the drum rotating . 

So lets think what else ... hmmm, just clutching at straws. Suspension leg, either one or both of them? - maybe tapping is wire tapping on outer cabinet of washing machine or on the side of the outer drum?  - maybe motor making the squealing / tapping noise? - can you take the back off the machine then remove the belt from the motor to the drum and then spin the drum without the belt on? - if there is no noise with belt off it could be then the motor making noises instead of the drum.

Steve129
Apprentice
Options

It’s a strange one - when I push the top of the metal drum and pull the bottom, I can feel and hear the clicking noise. The only way I can describe it is if you were to push past stiff rubber, there is resistance then all of a sudden you ‘click’ past that resistance 

I think I’ll have to take the covers off and investigate further!

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

yes you really could do with taking the belt off and see if the resistance / noise is definitely coming from the drum itself. 

There isnt a chance the actual drum might have 'warped' somehow or come loose from the spider at the back of the drum and then gone out of shape and as it revolves is scraping against something?, maybe like the rubber door gasket or outer drum?

Steve129
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your suggestions. 
I’ll investigate further!

thank you