Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chronically unwell person, life limited condition and a Eco bubble 9kg persistent faults and left high and dry By Samsung with

(Topic created on: 18-06-2022 11:45 AM)
CDG
Apprentice
Options

Never again. Shambolic Samsung customer service … non existent infact.

Eco bubble 9kg
Model WW90M6450PX/EU
Purchased October 2019

Purchased on premise of reputable brand and fancy features ! And the enticing option of extended warranty for 5 years. How wrong I was.
Machine cost £750.

Delivery and connection failed as the waste pipe not long enough. 
This was to be the beginning of the end.

We are a family with a complex needs person who requires excessive amounts of laundry due to severe health needs and disability. In seat Slings used to hoist , moulded seat wheelchair covers , bedding, towels , clothing etc etc 

Machine is a necessity. Not a luxury. We can’t use launderette due to demands and turn around of using the garments repetitively in a day. 
We can use family of friends due to covid pandemic. Person is sheilding and is clinically vulnerable. We expose this person each time an engineer has to come into the home. 6 seal are visits since January 2022.

This SAMSUNG SAGA has caused us so much stress and inconvenience.
Have had no support from SAMSUNG at all.

Washer came with extended 5yr warranty.
When I needed to raise a job we were advised no warranty was in place.
It hadn’t been registered.
Thankfully I had emailed confirmation from Samsung.
After lots of effort on my part I managed to get the warranty confirmed and reinstated 

Last 6months the machine hasneeded
-Door seal £126 we paid.
-Door seal rim bracket
-Sump hose
-Door switches x2
-Printed circuit boards x2
-Wiring loom 

Still fault persists.

We had northwest appliance services of Preston , an approved SAMSUNG repairer , attend. 
Within two hours of the engineer leaving the fault persisted 

Over a week later, countless emails and phone calls I still have not heard from anyone.

Samsung send me text messages to advise of missed phone attempts but my phone does not ring.

I would like a refund. I was promised a refund or exchange if engineer could not fix it.

The support call centre operators give the same generic spiel.

No one is interested 

I have lost all faith and hope now in the appliance and Samsung 

The machine washes.
The jingle plays 
The padlock flashes on the display and a continuous clicking noise is heard.
The door will then fail to open. 
The machine powers down.

To open the door the machine is powered up by pressing the on button.
The door then opens.
 Whilst emptying the machine of laundry , power still on , the machine starts to fill with water.

It is not safe
We can’t launder when not in the home.
Someone has to be in to ensure the property is safe 

Truly disgusted in Samsung response 
Will never buy again 
Still waiting for follow up 
12 REPLIES 12
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's certainly not what we like to hear, @CDG. Could you let us know how this was left with out Support team?

0 Likes
CDG
Apprentice
Options

Hi Chris 

well further to my post over the weekend there were persistent exchanges of emails and text messages which misstated an attempt to contact me by phone had been made. 
Yesterday we were contacted by Northwest appliance service  to advise a further visit has been scheduled for next week. This is to replace a door switch. A third switch and a 7th visit. We are on half term. My vulnerable daughter will be home with her medical care team. . This poses a risk to her having an engineer in again. I can’t take any more time of work to wait in. I have asked they come when I am home.

I am not convinced this will work 

In 4 months the machine has had 7 engineer visits and numerous components replaced 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

We totally understand your frustration, @CDG, and would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused. Is the Service Centre looking into rearranging the appointment for you?

0 Likes
CDG
Apprentice
Options

Samsung contacted to arrange a further visit this week. 7th visit now for another door switch , it’s 3rd. I’m not convinced. The machine is still malfunctioning on each and every cycle 

0 Likes
CDG
Apprentice
Options

Sorry the 8th… easy to lose count 

0 Likes
Disapointed
Navigator
Options

From my experience I completely sympathise with your comment  'Shambolic Samsung customer service … non existent infact.'

I beleive the door seal issue is inherent with these machines as others have suggested and it is disgusting they charged you. We should consider a class action to sue.  Stayin touch!

0 Likes
Members_AybHEBA
First Poster
Options

My machine is 17 months old, been in hospital for operation, came out put some clothes on half wash, went back 10 minutes later, fumes coming from back of machine, turned it off, after a long time with Curries, then Samsung, they sent someone out who said, was the pipe connection to hose was loose, so was water damage, claim from home insurance? How many people are being fobbed off like me ?

0 Likes
AshP_
Options

@Members_AybHEBA Could you please send a PM to @Sam_UK with further details, so one of the mods can look into this further for you?

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

are these machines bought from samsung directly ? as I think when you purchase something and want it replaced your contact should be with the seller of the appliance rather than the manufacturers - so go back where you actually bought it from and brush up on consumer laws and armed with that go back to where you bought it and explain that it has been repaired so many times now that you are not happy and want a replacement.

0 Likes