Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot register warranty

(Topic created on: 19-02-2021 12:25 AM)
P1974
Student
Options

Dear Samsung,

I recently purchased a Samsung oven (NV75N5641RS). I have spent more time trying to register the product for warranty than I spent selecting and purchasing the item. The online customer experience did not align with the brand image of a multinational firm with annual sales in the billions of dollars.

The product packaging did not include a link to a webpage to register the product. The online video call to Samsung support to register the product broke down. Eventually, I managed to create a Samsung Members account on my mobile device. This brought me into a loop between pages to register a Samsung account, download Samsung mobile app (not in iStore??). At no time was I able to register my new oven from my phone.

I tried to google the relevant page from my laptop. After a few attempts, I happened across the Samsung account login in page. When logged in I believe I registered the oven. When I click on “My Products”, there was nothing listed. When in “My Account” I tried to select the ‘register product’ tab. This brought me to the shop.

I have purchased more than 20 appliances in the last 24 months to fit out new apartments. I have bought appliances from LG (washing machine), Miele (dryer, hoovers), Zanussi (washing machines, dryers), Whirlpool (dishwasher), and IKEA (cookers, hobs, fridge freezers). This was singularly the worst post-purchase customer experience of any of those major brands. This is a big gap in Samsung’s image that will cause me to purchase from other brands in the future.

Did I manage to register the product?

Regard

Paul Delaney

22 REPLIES 22
Members_3CSon1i
First Poster
Options

Wasted so much time trying to register my Samsung washing machine - losing the will to live! Still not registered.

Cejay
Apprentice
Options
I just bought a brand new S10+ and struggling to register it for guarantee reasons.
kingpin2021
Apprentice
Options
Please how do I register my Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 and Samsung Galaxy A21s warranty?
kingpin2021
Apprentice
Options
hello
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@kingpin2021: Please be aware that our mobile devices come with a 24 month warranty as standard which activates automatically on the date of purchase and covers software and hardware defects. With this in mind, no action is required on your part. I hope this helps. 

Evangelos1
First Poster
Options

Same here. Just wasted my Friday evening. I was able after long to find the page for registering but after filling all the information I press on the complete button and nothing happens.

I think Samsung has done it on purpose very hard to do it..

They deserve a bad review and spreading the  word.  

TessM
Mastermind
Options

I'm really sad to hear that you feel that way @Evangelos1 , I can confirm that this is fully working and you should be able to register the appliance without any complications. If the issue persists on your side please do try to fill this using a different device or browser.

0 Likes
kingpin2021
Apprentice
Options
Thanks a lot
0 Likes
scgrant327
First Poster
Options

Trying to register a washer we just bought. Logged into my Samsung account, entered the Serial Number and the correct Model number shows up.
Entered the purchase date, and uploaded a receipt.
Then, when clicking the 'Confirm' button, I get an error saying the model number is not valid.... The Samsung web form AUTO-FILLED the model number, which matches the model number I have (which I copied from the washer)!!!
How do I register this????

Wonthonourextended
First Poster
Options

Don’t give up. I did and have now lived to regret it. Driven crazy trying to register my fridge freezer the week before Christmas. 4 years and 11 months later the thing dies. Now Samsung will not honour the extended 5 year warranty as I did not register the product within 90 days. E-mail them, call them. Keep notes of who you spoke to. Ask for a complaint to be registered and ask for this to be confirmed back to you by email. 

0 Likes