Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can I set autodose per cycle type? (SPOILER: NO)

(Topic created on: 07-04-2023 02:33 PM)
Bjrn
Student
Options

Hi All!

I've been trying to figure this out before buying a Samsung autodose washing machine (WW90T636ALH) but I simply can't find the answer.

I would like to create a custom cycle for my whites and in that program have the autodose set to off so I can manually add detergent for whites. Is it possible to create such a cycle or do I need to turn off the autodose manually every time?

Thanks

Björn

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

not 100% sure but the samsung autodose washing machines do have Ai that 'learns' your washing habits so I think once it learns that you do not want to use autodose detergent for whites then next time it will have remembered and chose not to use autodose on that cycle in the future (until you manually turn it back on again). But you might want to double check on that instead of taking my word for it.
good luck.

Solution
Bjrn
Student
Options

The problem though is that the machine doesn't have a color sensor so it doesn't know if it's white or colored so what you said might be working for different cycle types (I haven't tested that) but it won't work if you use the cotton program for color and whites.

I have the machine now, and as far as I can tell the autodose setting is not coupled to the cycle at all, so you can only turn it on or off for all programs at the same time. Turning it off and (forgetting to) turn it on again is more cumbersome than just adding the detergent manually all the time, so I disabled the autodose completely. 

To make autodose actually useful Samsung should:

• Make autodose part of the cycle settings
  • Allow for a cloned program for IE whites, so you can have a cycle in the machine (not only in the app) for colored cotton and one for white cotton with the appropriate autodose setting for each
  • Make the autodose setting way more accessible
  • Show an indicator on the main screen so you can easily see if it is on or off so you don't run a full cycle thinking autodose is on but it is actually off.

Anyhow, that's just my 2 cents. Maybe I am misunderstanding something completely, but I really don't understand the use of autodose in it's current form.

andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

@Bjrn wrote:

To make autodose actually useful Samsung should:

• Make autodose part of the cycle settings
  • Allow for a cloned program for IE whites, so you can have a cycle in the machine (not only in the app) for colored cotton and one for white cotton with the appropriate autodose setting for each
  • Make the autodose setting way more accessible
  • Show an indicator on the main screen so you can easily see if it is on or off so you don't run a full cycle thinking autodose is on but it is actually off.

Excellent you are dead on - I have seen on other manufacturers machines the autodose icons and settings right there on the display panel itself to see exactly what is going on without having to complicatedly go into an options setting menu scrolling through other items in the menu before you get to autodose settings like you have to with the Samsung machines

Falafelmannen
First Poster
Options

This is something that Samsung MUST fix in order to call the washing machine smart....right now it just stupid! Autodose works worse than adding softener/detergent manually and worse of all is that you can't add softener manually but instead are forced to use the autodispenser. 😞

andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

@MalakaNico wrote:

@Bjrn wrote:

Hi All!

I've been trying to figure this out before buying a Samsung autodose washing machine (WW90T636ALH) but I simply can't find the answer.

I would like to create a custom cycle for my whites and in that program have the autodose set to off so I can manually add detergent for whites. Is it possible to create such a cycle or do I need to turn off the autodose manually every time?

Thanks

Björn

To do this, you can follow these steps:

1. Press the Power button to turn on the washing machine.
  2. Turn the cycle selector to the Custom cycle.
  3. Press the "Custom" button on the control panel.
  4. Select the options you want for your custom cycle (e.g., temperature, spin speed, etc.).
  5. When you get to the Autodose option, press the "Autodose" button to turn it off.
  6. Continue to select your desired options for the cycle.
  7. Once you have finished customizing your cycle, press the "Save" button to save it. 

This is the front panel of a WW90T636ALH - there are no "Custom Cycle" or "Custom" Button on it nor is there a "Save" Button

andy_in_ireland_0-1681597594840.png

0 Likes