Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone advise with regards to registering the warranty after the 90 days has expired?

(Topic created on: 13-01-2021 08:05 PM)
Tes39
First Poster
Options

I have 2 appliances that I did not register due to Curry's representative saying all have been done at the point of sale despite repeatedly asking if we need to do anything else afterwards. I have called the Samsung helpline and after advise from Samsung, went back to Curry's. Then Curry's told me to go back to Samsung. They both told me that a card should have been given to register in which I did not receive on both appliances. Other companies have a reminder sticker on their appliances along with the number to call but Samsung do not.

Our fridge freezer is supposed to have 10 years warranty with the compressor and I know that Samsung has been telling me that this is automatic, who can say that they will not tell me later on that it had to be registered within 90 days if/when I do make the call?

Our washing machine is supposed to have 5 years and has the same situation as the fridge freezer.

We pay so much money on this appliances and if Samsung is really offering these extended warranties, why not let the consumer have it automatically? I know quite a few people who did not know that they still needed to register too especially those who do not have access to computer. Is Samsung only trying to hook you in and leave you dry and gasping when it comes to their warranties?

Any advise would be much appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BeeCee
Apprentice
Options

Hello, same here, no card with the machine, impossible to register on the site, this has gone on for years.  Reject the machine and insist on a full refund. Buy from someone else. Currys are famous for giving you the brush off, don't accept this, kick up a fuss. Samsung and Currys are a disgrace.   Complain everywhere you can,I have got some interest from a national Newspaper on this issue. Contact Trading Standards  leave feed back everywhere.  This needs looked at under the Trade Descriptions Act. 

Always buy on line by card, this gives you more protection. Mine is going back this week under my  Distance selling rights.  Good luck.

0 Likes