Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buzzing noise

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 06:55 PM)
Emadh
First Poster
Options

My new eco bubble washing machine is making buzzing noise throughout the cycle. I was told by samsung technician that this was normal. I do not believe this to be true.

Has anyone experienced the same

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Gabi7
First Poster
Options

Hello, i have the same issue with the noise. The technician said the noise comes from the eco bubble pump. When i asked what can be done he answered"it sometimes hapen to become loud". Questioned further what can be done etc as that noise was not there when i bought the washing machine but had no answer apart from will report to the office. My question is what can be done. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Digbydodar
First Poster
Options
I am also experiencing this annoying noise.
This constant buzz is quite disconcerting. And I am certain it did not make this noise when I first got it.
Still machine is making a good job of cleaning my clothes which is why I purchased it and since hes in the utility Room at least the buzz is only in the distance when I'm in the rest of the house.
I would like to know what it is that's causing, and are there any plans to find a solution to it?
0 Likes
Shirley1955
First Poster
Options

Hi. We have 2 Samsung Washing Machines. One here in UK the other in our Spanish Apartment. Both machines buzz during the washing phase. If you pause the cycle and open then close the ' little door' for adding washing during cycle then un pause the buzzing noise stops. We find it really irritating.

0 Likes
PaulRoss10
First Poster
Options

Hello, I’ve a noise during the drying cycle. Not sure if you’re able to advise from the video attached?!

0 Likes
DSP81
Apprentice
Options

Hello everyone, having trouble viewing the attachments, but please see the attached video for the noise issue with my new washer/dryer. Does anybody have any experience with this? Is it normal?

0 Likes
yan2501
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the same issue with my WW81J5426DW.

This noise seems coming from the bubble pump. This occurs sometimes when the bubble pump starts (I don't know why). After some seconds, the noise disappears as you can see in my video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6cjfxxQQE0

You can reproduce this issue more often with the "eco" cycle because this cycle uses the bubbles during all the cycle. For other cycles this occurs at the beginning of the cycle when the machine produces bubbles to get foam.

If the noise occurs and you press the pause button, then continue the cycle, the noise disappears.

My wash machine is quite new (bought in August 2020). I checked the filter, it was clean and the propeller of the pump seems not blocked.

I don't know if this noise is really a problem and can cause damage. For now, my machine works fine (except this buzzing noise). For sure this noise seems not normal.

Regards

Yan'

0 Likes
Scattycat123
First Poster
Options

Hi Jamie. I have just installed my daughter ‘old’ probably 2 years old machine at my home and notice a vibration type buzzing noise that feels like it’s coming from the filter cleaner at the bottom. I have cleaned it it out. My daughter said it didn’t make that noise at hers and was really quiet. Wishing I hadn’t cleaned the filter now lol. Can I upload a video of the noise please?

0 Likes
LeeMc
First Poster
Options
purchased a samsung eco bubble on October 2019. its making a really.loud noise (it didnt before) have cleanwd the pump filter. any ideas? serial no attached.

20210328_164951_8090.jpg

0 Likes
RachH
First Poster
Options

I’ve had my new Eco bubble for 3 months. When I first got it I was really impressed how quiet it was. However,  last couple of weeks I can hear the washing machine on all around the house. I haven’t done anything different, haven’t moved it, nothing. It is noisy when it starts, there is a hissing sound when filling up with water, then towards the end of the cycle there is a different noise. It sounds like a sudden gushing of water, then a valve shutting off in intervals making a bang. Very odd. 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

@RachH wrote:

I’ve had my new Eco bubble for 3 months. When I first got it I was really impressed how quiet it was. However,  last couple of weeks I can hear the washing machine on all around the house. I haven’t done anything different, haven’t moved it, nothing. It is noisy when it starts, there is a hissing sound when filling up with water, then towards the end of the cycle there is a different noise. It sounds like a sudden gushing of water, then a valve shutting off in intervals making a bang. Very odd. 

It sounds like your water pressure of the house has suddenly got more powerful . 
If you trace where your washing machine is plumbed in go to the cold tap (blue *****) of the washing machine inlet hose and try turning it down a bit , experiment at different positions. if you restrict the amount of water entering the machine it will be a lot quieter when filling up and should not bange the pipes in the house when rinsing if you turn the water pressure down . good luck.

this is the cold tap:

cold tap.jpg

0 Likes