Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buzzing noise

(Topic created on: 21-03-2020 03:58 PM)
Emadh
First Poster
Options

My new eco bubble washing machine is making buzzing noise throughout the cycle. I was told by samsung technician that this was normal. I do not believe this to be true.

Has anyone experienced the same

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Emadh 

Could we take the full model code of your Washing Machine? You can find this on a label on the inside of the door. Also, when speaking to our Support team, did they run through any troubleshooting steps with you?

Jam1eM
Samsung Pro
Options

Just to add to this, how new is the washing machine? Has it always made the noise - on every wash? Or is it something that has recently started? Does it do it all the way through the cycle?

The ecobubble part runs during the wash cycle this will give a humming sound that you might be hearing.   So if it has always done it it could be this. 

What did the technician say was making the noise and for it to be normal?

if it is a new noise then it could be something like a hair clip catching on the ecobubble pump. Check this video out to clean out the filter Drain filter clean - make sure you have a shallow dish, plenty of towels, there could be a lot of water. 

if it is really new it would worth checking if it has been installed properly. Transit bolts and levelling should be checked. Washing machine install video 

There's a few pointers and any extra information you can supply would help us, help you.

StefaniD
Student
Options

Hi I came across your post when I was looking for help. I just got my new washing machine yesterday (eco bubble) and noticed it makes a strange buzzing/ whirring noise mid cycle. It's done it now mid cycle on both the daily wash and dark garment cycle. Both times lasting around 5 minutes at the start of the cycle. Is this the same for you? And did it turn out to be normal? Thanks! 

0 Likes
Jam1eM
Samsung Pro
Options
All Samsung washing machines have ecobubble function, this is a secondary pump that runs to introduce air to the water to create extra bubbles. This runs during the wash phase as you describe. It shouldn't loud but could be noticeable as its not normally expected hence the comments about it being strange.

Additionally, on most (not all) Samsung washing machines they have a digital inverter motor which is brushless, what this means is that it is a super quiet motor. Because the motor is quiet people hear new noises that were masked by loud motors on their last washing machine.

I expect your noise to be normal, if you want to upload a small video clip of the noise, I can look to advise if it is normal or not.

Jamie
StefaniD
Student
Options

Thanks for your quick reply. I've replied to the email with a video as it wouldn't let me upload the video here. Thanks.  

0 Likes
Lauren00
First Poster
Options

I'm having trouble with my machine too, it's making a loud kind of buzzing, clicking, whirring noise and keeps freezing mid-cycle, the SUDS error keeps coming up too but all I use is a single liqui-tab and a measure of fabric conditioner, please help, it's driving me crazy, yesterday I had to stop and restart the cycle three times to get it to work, it definitely isn't being overloaded either. 

0 Likes
Emadh
First Poster
Options

The model no. WW80J5555FX1. The technician thought it could be the motor . Yesterday he came and changed the motor, but nothing has changed still the same. I thing it is coming from the tub itself though when you turn it by hand it is quiet. I don't think it is the pump because the sound is on all the time except when it stops turning during the wash cycle

0 Likes
Emadh
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
Emadh
First Poster
Options
0 Likes