Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Freezer Lining

(Topic created on: 24-11-2022 04:02 PM)
PCBrum
Apprentice
Options

I have a Fridge Freezer Model RB41J7859S4 which is beautiful but I felt from the start the plastic linings/ shelf supports looked a bit fragile.

I guess we overloaded the top basket of the freezer and the bar supporting it broke when the basket was pulled out to access items.

The plastic has completley broken away. Is this repairable?

Thanks

91 REPLIES 91
gooner12
Explorer
Options

Great, that's super helpful. Thank you. I totally agree, it's definitely a design fault and the product should not be failing when people are using it in the way any average person would. I can't believe I spent £830 on what I thought was a high end branded fridge freezer. 

0 Likes
gooner12
Explorer
Options

sorry a couple of more questions - did you have to turn the freezer off when you used the hot glue gun to attach the fixit?  Also how many fixits did you need for one drawer liner? 

Did you get an engineer out to visit? I have just paid for one and they agreed that this is not right. 

0 Likes
Korisnik neta
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
Christag1
Explorer
Options

I have a Chef Collection RB41J7859S4 fridge freezer still in 5 year warranty period.

I am being told by Samsung this is my fault as I have the same issue as mentioned here in a number of cases. This unit has no instructions as to maximum load or weight etc in the baskets. Clearly marked and advertised ‘ sold as full open box drawers yet the lining has failed because the drawers have been pulled open. This is surely a design fault and Samsung need to admit this. I will be going public and taking this issue to the small claims court now that it is obvious the fault is widespread. Maybe we ought to take action together here in U.K.

barry24
Student
Options

Hi i have the same problem and samsung also saying its my fault. a part of the plastic  that broke off is so thin its obvious they have used cheap material. i contacted the ombudsman but samsung are not registered with them so they would not take up complaint. never buy samsung again

gooner12
Explorer
Options

I am also planning to go via the small claims court but have also raised a claim via my credit card company. I would be happy to expose this scandal and be involved in taking action in the UK. Please let me know how I can help. 

Christag1
Explorer
Options

Hi gooner12 , thanks for your support. I’m considering how to go forward at present. When you had an engineer visit what comments did they make.

0 Likes
gooner12
Explorer
Options

They said the runners were soft (which they should not be) and this maybe due to poor quality materials. The retailer refused to change their mind despite this. I would be interested in what other engineers have said. Samsung and the retailer had made their mind up as soon as they knew they could not fix the issue and would need to replace it. shameful behaviour. 

0 Likes
Christag1
Explorer
Options

My freezer lining seems to be the same. The refrigerator lining is much ,more rigid and hard and pressing with your finger cannot depress it. The freezer lining is much much different . Very easy to depress and easily deformed. The design is clearly arranged to allow the drawers to be pulled out fully and be supported by the second runner above the support runner. In my case the support runners are collapsing. The drawer size ,top and middle , could easily have 20 kg + in each so I would expect the design to cope with that as no load limit is stated in any paperwork I have yet seen.

0 Likes
NotAnotherUsername
Apprentice
Options

I've noticed my Samsung Fridge's inner plastic - all down the back is covered in horizontal cracks!! Majority stemming from where the shelves are, which is why I've not seen them sooner.  I thought there was just the one until I was on the phone to samsung customer service this afternoon and they wanted a video of it - which made me think whilst I'm here emptying the fridge and pulling the shelf out I'll check for anymore - I was mortified, I found at least 20 cracks!!!! 

My fridge is 3.5 years old, and because its out of guarantee they are saying due to physical damage they cannot help me; and because the problem has only now happened it cannot possibly be a product fault. Eeeer no Samsung, the shelves have been covering the cracks for heck knows how long.  

I am shocked and extremely distressed that of the 3 people at Samsung I have spoken to each have told me it is not their problem.

Well I've got news for you Samsung - I am not somebody you can just flick-off. Under the 2015 Consumer rights act I have rights to a repair or full-refund, even if it is out of guarantee, if the product is not of satisfactory quality.  The product is of disgusting quality, and any court will agree.

I'm in the middle of a complaint to Samsung, and if they do not resolve this issue there is absolutely no doubt I WILL be taking this to the courts. 

Thank you everybody on here for reporting your faults, I'll be using these as evidence to take to court, to show they are aware of problems with the inner plastic casing and yet they have failed to recall the product nor providing support for their error. If anyone has any objections to be using their details, please let me know.

My photo's are attached.

3-CloserImageOfCrack1.jpg4-AnotherCloserImageOfCrack1.jpg9-YetCloserAndAtLevelYouSeeThem.jpg10-MoreCracksInTheMiddle.jpg11-Shelf2LookingMoreObvious.jpg14-shelf3.jpg15-theMiddle.jpg17-atTheBottom.jpg