Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Freezer Lining

(Topic created on: 27-07-2022 09:17 PM)
PCBrum
Apprentice
Options

I have a Fridge Freezer Model RB41J7859S4 which is beautiful but I felt from the start the plastic linings/ shelf supports looked a bit fragile.

I guess we overloaded the top basket of the freezer and the bar supporting it broke when the basket was pulled out to access items.

The plastic has completley broken away. Is this repairable?

Thanks

91 REPLIES 91
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page may be helpful to you

Remove or replace Samsung refrigerator bins, shelves, and drawers

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00063107/
0 Likes
PCBrum
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, but looking through this it addresses replacing all sorts of things but not the white lining to the freezer on which the shelves and baskets sit.

0 Likes
PCBrum
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, but looking through this it addresses replacing all sorts of things but not the white lining to the freezer on which the shelves and baskets sit.

F3733424-BC3D-45BD-B322-F48E17B70386.jpeg

0 Likes
Dazines
Apprentice
Options

Hello...

Did you manage to find a solution to this...?

Ours is going the same way. 😞

0 Likes
PCBrum
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Unfortunately, I haven’t found a solution yet. I think I might try something like Suguru to form a support and then use a glue gun to stick it in place. The freezer will have to be at room temperature or else it won’t stick. Can’t think of another way of doing it. To be honest, I had my concerns about the strength of the runners in both the fridge and freezer from the moment I got the appliance.

0 Likes
Dazines
Apprentice
Options

Yes same here. Within a week the ends were all squashed. Mine is only two years old so I think I'm going to contact Samsung and see what they say. IMG-7587.jpg

0 Likes
Crofted
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem. This was an expensive appliance and I have never seen this issue on any previous freezer. This must be a design fault. Samsung need to recall these units

0 Likes
PCBrum
Apprentice
Options

It may not be pretty (and I haven’t finished it) but I have found a solution which is holding up well. I used mouldable glue sticks called Fixits, (fixits.com) made into the approximate size and shape for the broken runner, and then glued into placed with a hot glue gun.

7F611C8E-BD1C-424F-853E-D2C1E3531C91.jpeg

0 Likes
Dazines
Apprentice
Options

I contacted Samsung regarding the drawer liners and they it could be down to not enough insulating material being injected into the casing. They sent an engineer out to take a look and he agreed. Samsung replaced the fridge freezer with a new model under warranty.