Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Fridge/freezer - RB34T652ESA - Constant humming sound

(Topic created on: 04-07-2021 01:00 AM)
VT41
Apprentice
Options

Had my fridge/freezer installed early this morning, gap between the back wall.

There is an incredibly loud humming sound, video included. I would imagine a light noise but for a product marked as 'quiet mark' on the John Lewis website.. this sounds like an chainsaw about to take off. 

It's brand new, for an expensive product this is awful

https://youtu.be/P_4yUWOPo0g

Model - RB34T652ESA

Any advice? Is this 'normal'?

8 REPLIES 8
rab73
Apprentice
Options
It's normal it's the engine effectively starting up
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Get some antivibration matting under the feet, you can get that in DIY stores or off Amazon. It works wonders for white goods, especially freezer compressor noise. Noise ratings are subjective anyway, the decibels they use for that are measured by machines in labs. All humans are sensitive to certain frequencies rather than decibels. No two humans hear the same so a noise you find irritating wouldn't probably register with anyone else in among the usual noises of a home
VT41
Apprentice
Options

I thought it would have stopped which it did for a while. Up until now there was intermittent sounds, however after filling the fridge/freezer I now get this sound which has been going for at least 30mins. 

0 Likes
VT41
Apprentice
Options

Link below for the video, if the above does not work

https://youtube.com/shorts/24I903g_KCY?feature=share

0 Likes
AndrejaDea
Student
Options

Mine imstalled today and it is the same, not stoping like an old freezer

Peace lover
Student
Options
  • Hi just wondered if you had resolved your noisy fridge?  Got my ‘quiet mark’ fridge freezer last week to replace one due to noise and it’s on all the time humming and buzzing it’s all I can here. A week in snd it’s not turned off once.  So disappointing as spent well over the usual price for a quiet appliance ! 
0 Likes
AndrejaDea
Student
Options

yes i did. in manual it said to lower temperature to lowest in fridge an freezer, once it got to the temperature it turned off any sound. since then it is powering on and off like it supposed to.

Peace lover
Student
Options

Great thanks for the steer, I didn’t see that! I’ve just lowered to lowest temperatures and will  wait to see if it works .  It’s driving me mad we literally replaced the old fully functional one due to constant running motor and noise and this one is just the same, the humming is all I can hear in my kitchen! 

0 Likes