Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby voice control on Family Hub

(Topic created on: 25-11-2017 09:03 PM)
Simon_Fuller
Explorer
Options

I have just bought the Family Hub fridge freezer after watching many videos and reviews.

I found that when delivered the EU/UK model does not have Bixby voice control as standard.

Is there any expected date for its release to the UK?

2 REPLIES 2
Opminer
First Poster
Options

I am in Canada and have the same issue.  I am also visually imparied so the voice feature was going to be a big help to me.  After emailing tech support I was given a phone number to call.  When I called the number they gave me -  I was told that their deparment only dealt with other smart devices and not appliances. Even after I explained I called the number Samsung told me to call I was transferred back to applainces.  After waiting on hold forever I was able to explain that the Voice menu item does not appear in the Settings Menu. I was then asked if the volume was set too low!!!!!!  After waiting on hold again forever I was told to reset the fridge to its factory settings.  Not surprisingly still no Bixby.  Yes - the fridge is plugged in.  Yes it is connected to wifi.  Yes the volume is turned up.  Yes the microphone is on.  Yes it has the latest family hub sofware update.  After all that I was told I would receive a call within 5 days after my "ticket was escalatd".  That was two weeks ago.  Fantastic fridge - terrible customer service and very disappointing if this feature is not as advertised. 

0 Likes
Simon_Fuller
Explorer
Options

Sorry to hear that. I can understand that bixby has to be language based but both Canada and the UK can use English not dissimilar to US English!

Lets see how long it takes for the Family Hub 3 firmware to be released as this should solve the issue for all (fingers crossed)