Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bedding nit dry

(Topic created on: 16-12-2022 07:53 AM)
ContainerQueen
Apprentice
Options

My bedding is getting twisted in the tumble dryer and it’s not drying. I’ve taken it out and started again but the same thing happens. What can I do to stop this happening?

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
davysrs
Apprentice
Options
After talking to Samsung costomer services, I know now that their heat pump driers DO NOT reverse tumble. This means the drier revolves in one direction only so rolling everything into a ball. This prevents the clothes from drying.
DON'T BUY SAMSUNG TUMBLE DRIERS THEIR DESIGN IS POOR.
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@davysrs wrote:
After talking to Samsung costomer services, I know now that their heat pump driers DO NOT reverse tumble. This means the drier revolves in one direction only so rolling everything into a ball. This prevents the clothes from drying.
DON'T BUY SAMSUNG TUMBLE DRIERS THEIR DESIGN IS POOR.

That is a stupid design - i am flabbergasted , all tumble dryers should reverse and tumble in both directions , thats the whole point how tumble dryers work and dry items . They tumble both ways and the clothes fall from the top of the drum through warm/hot air and that what dries them eventually - or at least that should be what they do. No wonder everything like sheets and that are rolling up into a ball! - do all heat pump dryers work like this then only tumble in one direction? - or just samsung ones then?

James Flood
Apprentice
Options

Very interesting, I don't suppose you've got written confirmation from Samsung support for that? I've an engineer coming out tomorrow - given the retailer I bought it from clearly states on their website that the machine has reverse spin, if this isn't the case then I'm going to be extremely upset.

0 Likes
davysrs
Apprentice
Options
Sorry not in writing. I've had an engineer out already and he recommended putting more items into the drier. This didn't stop the ball rolling problem. We started drying a single sheet which did work better. However with the cost of electricity this isn't a solution. Hence going back to Samsung support, who finally excepted that my DV90 which cost £700 doesn't reverse tumble
My advice is, do your research and only buy models that have reverse tumble.
0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

they do appear to sell heatpump dryers with reverse action:

https://ao.com/l/heat_pump_tumble_dryers-samsung-171/1-6-20/17-126/

What a shame you bought one without, I am pretty surprised they don't all have reverse action

BakerL
Student
Options

I have the same problem with my heat pump dryer tangling up bedding into a ball. I have to keep checking it to untangle the duvet cover as it won’t dry. Terrible design flaw for a product that cost over £700. Dryer model is  DV90TA040AX. A real shame as it is good for smaller items. I am trying drier balls after seeing previous comments but not a great improvement. Really disappointed. 

andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@BakerL wrote:

I have the same problem with my heat pump dryer tangling up bedding into a ball. I have to keep checking it to untangle the duvet cover as it won’t dry. Terrible design flaw for a product that cost over £700. Dryer model is  DV90TA040AX. A real shame as it is good for smaller items. I am trying drier balls after seeing previous comments but not a great improvement. Really disappointed. 

its the technology of a heat pump dryer unfortunately I think - and awful lot of them if not all of them do not reverse tumble throughout the drying cycle because the heat pump technology does not work with auto reverse. all you can do really is hang the duvet cover over a bannister or clothes horse and dry it that way really . If its a thin cotton duvet cover it should not take that long to dry that way.

0 Likes
davysrs
Apprentice
Options
All Samsung heatpump driers have reverse action. However this only lasts for the first 5mins during a sorting phase. The actual drying is in one direction only (clockwise). Samsung confirmed this after several phone calls to customer services. I WOULD NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG TUMBLE DRIER AGAIN. The machine is very poor due to the balling up of items requiring them to be taken out regularly to be separated.
PatRodz
First Poster
Options

those solutions don't work, it is something with the setup of the bars inside the drum.

horrible design

Moldy1
Apprentice
Options

I see there is no response from Samsung

This is absolutely ridiculous! It's now winter, and I now have tumble dryer that will not dry bedding. As you say very horrible design! They do not make this clear on the documentation.

0 Likes