Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode scanning food in to samsung smart fridge

(Topic created on: 29-03-2023 08:33 AM)
cptnkrace
Apprentice
Options
Just bought a new RS6HA8891SL/EU home hub fridge/freezer and for the life of me why is there not a way of scanning barcodes of yiur food using your smart phone and uploading via smart things to your smart fridge!? Not very smart ! 😕 
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@cptnkrace   There is though the ability  to see inside the fridge/freezer  via your smart phone when you are out and about plus  via the Smart Home App can track food based on the expiry date for instance. Do not personally have one though.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

cptnkrace
Apprentice
Options
Yes i know about all that. Just needs samsung techs to make it alot quicker and easier to do.
Begezka
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately, without the Barcode function, adding purchases is long and tedious. every time I have to choose the type of cheese, etc. if the application could scan the codes, then each purchase could be entered 10 times faster. it would be enough to save the barcode once and scan it. loading purchases would take 1 minute instead of 10 minutes. therefore, we do not use this function anymore because it is ill-conceived.