Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto dose washing machine

(Topic created on: 25-05-2023 09:52 PM)
Pritchy1982
Journeyman
Options

My auto dose machine doesn’t rinse adequately so I have to turn auto dose off and put half a tablespoon of detergent in ,I’ve tried tide he ,persil non bio but I always get soap coming up sink plug hole on the final rinse even after selecting the max 5 rinses! Any detergent recommendations? I have tried turning the auto dose on the lowest setting and nothing wri g with drainage hose ,pump or filter ,I wouldn’t of even noticed this issue if the drainage water didn’t come up kitchen sink plug hole as there is hardly any visible suds in the drum , do these modern machines not use enough water when rinsing? I like my clothes to be soap free not covered in chemicals, wish I kept my old cheap washing machine now do Samsung even test there rinse cycles? 

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Pritchy1982 wrote:

It’s hard to see properly,is it just the final rinse when the spray comes out of that nozzle? Oh and yes it wastes my electricity I used to sometimes have to rinse towels over 12 times ,but now I just wash towels on a 60 temperature with a teaspoon of detergent and 5 rinses.

good point, I am not sure if water comes out of that nozzle just on rinses or at other stages of the wash cycle as I havent got the model with that nozzle built in . 

0 Likes
Pritchy1982
Journeyman
Options

Do you think I’m meant to only use around a tea spoon of detergent ? I googled it and people say HE machines only need around a teaspoon of detergent,I’m not sure if my machine is HE though but I’m sick of having to rinse my clothes over 5 times it’s not economical and don’t Samsung even test the rinsing capability of their machines? Wish I never bought it 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

by design washing powders and garment washing liquid should be 'low suds' so as to not overload the washing machine with suds/foam, so its so strange that you have such a load of detergent needing rinsing out. 
Another reason washing powder/liquid is ,low suds is that (contrary to what people think that a load of suds in the was cleans the clothes better) that is not the case, it is not the suds that get the clothes clean, and in fact when your washing ins tumbling around in a wash cycle the friction of the clothes rubbing against each other gets the clothes clean and they cannot do that if they are 'cushioned' with a load of soap suds in the drum

0 Likes
Pritchy1982
Journeyman
Options

I hate to say it but yours is probably the same but because your drain hose isn’t connected to the sink you don’t get to see it,I wouldn’t of known if the water didn’t come up kitchen sink and no my drain isn’t blocked either.

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

I can see it through the glass door as it washes - hardly any suds. - Mind you I have modded my machine, turned off the ecobubble pump and modded/ changed to more water entering the drum for a wash cycle.

0 Likes
Pritchy1982
Journeyman
Options

Hi, do you know if my machine is a High efficiency or not? I googled that a teaspoon of detergent is enough in HE machines.

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Pritchy1982 wrote:

Hi, do you know if my machine is a High efficiency or not? I googled that a teaspoon of detergent is enough in HE machines.

I thought it was the detergent that was High efficiency , not the machine

0 Likes
Pritchy1982
Journeyman
Options

I don’t know if my machine is a HE machine that uses less water or not.

0 Likes
Pritchy1982
Journeyman
Options

Is it a he machine or not?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Cheers andy_in_ireland!

@Pritchy1982 , It is indeed a HE machine. I'll admit I wasn't sure either, but I found this: https://www.thespruce.com/high-efficiency-washer-versus-traditional-washer-1908401 and this: https://www.rd.com/article/he-washers/ which explain the differences between 'traditional' and 'high-efficiency' washing machines. Main and most obvious difference seems to be that HE machines lack an agitator and instead move the clothes through the water in a tumbling motion - which is exactly what your model does. (The user manual also recommends using high efficiency (HE) detergent to prevent oversudsing.)