Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto dose washing machine

(Topic created on: 27-05-2023 06:22 PM)
Pritchy1982
Journeyman
Options

My auto dose machine doesn’t rinse adequately so I have to turn auto dose off and put half a tablespoon of detergent in ,I’ve tried tide he ,persil non bio but I always get soap coming up sink plug hole on the final rinse even after selecting the max 5 rinses! Any detergent recommendations? I have tried turning the auto dose on the lowest setting and nothing wri g with drainage hose ,pump or filter ,I wouldn’t of even noticed this issue if the drainage water didn’t come up kitchen sink plug hole as there is hardly any visible suds in the drum , do these modern machines not use enough water when rinsing? I like my clothes to be soap free not covered in chemicals, wish I kept my old cheap washing machine now do Samsung even test there rinse cycles? 

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

have you got really soft water where you are? 

also there will be some cycles that put more water into the drum for the rinse cycles - take for example a towel or bedding wash. i think they may fill up the drum with more water on rinse cycles than the rinse on other cycles.

Also you have not indicated which model Samsung autodose you have. 
Some of the cheaper Samsung autodose do not have what is called 'Twin water supply' which have a little jet at the top of the door gasket inside the machine that sprays water onto the washing in the rinse cycles - this would rinse your clothes better than a Samsung without twin water supply . 

also i would think if suds coming up your sink plug hole could also denote your home drainage system/waste needs looking at possibly. If you have some blocked drains it is possible that the pipe or drains after the sink u bend/waste water trap could be blocked and not draining as quick as it should and this could force water to come up through the sink plug hole - try maybe some drain cleaner fluid down the sink maybe ? 
I much prefer washing machines to be plumbed in using a seperate drain with a standpipe and the washing machine drain pipe to go into it for this very reason also, and to stop any possibility of dirty sink water draining into the washing machine in the setup where you have the washing machine drain hose going into the pipe under the plug hole. 

Pritchy1982
Journeyman
Options

Series 6 WW10T684DLN/S1 add wash 10.5 kg and yes I think I read in manual it has twin water supply but the people that I paid to install it only connected a single hose to the cold inlet valve ,does twin supply mean it should be connected to the hot water pipe also? I’ve noticed the inlet water isn’t continuous it pauses as it fills then restarts 🤔 I have slready tried drainage fluid down plug hole and the sink isn’t blocked when running kitchen water tap ,maybe the water is just draining too fast or something on the washing machine ,thanks for the help👍

0 Likes
Pritchy1982
Journeyman
Options

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/connecting-washing-machine-waste-under-sink.556902/page-2

pictures of my drainage hose set up ,I’ve made the hose as high as possible as advised

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

@Pritchy1982 wrote:

Series 6 WW10T684DLN/S1 add wash 10.5 kg and yes I think I read in manual it has twin water supply but the people that I paid to install it only connected a single hose to the cold inlet valve ,does twin supply mean it should be connected to the hot water pipe also? I’ve noticed the inlet water isn’t continuous it pauses as it fills then restarts 🤔 I have slready tried drainage fluid down plug hole and the sink isn’t blocked when running kitchen water tap ,maybe the water is just draining too fast or something on the washing machine ,thanks for the help👍

Hi, no the twin water (or super speed/speed spray) only has (or needs) just 1 cold water inlet on the machine. If your machine has the extra rinse nozzle (which I think your model does have then) you can open up the main porthole door where you load your clothes into the drum and look up to the top of the grey door gasket and actually see the nozzle. On the last rinse or rinses it should (if working right) spray water onto the garments in the drum so it rinses out the detergent better. 
On another note what spin speed do you put your machine on? - just thinking if you spin speed at a high 1600rpm spin speed this could be forcing/wringing out the clothes and causing more bubbles to be rinsed out by centrifugal force and then pushing it down the drain hose and then you could see bubbles coming up through sink home maybe? - have you tried on lower spin speed like 800rpm and see if bubbles still come up through sink hole?

0 Likes
Pritchy1982
Journeyman
Options

 is this the rinse nozzle you mentioned?

IMG_5225.jpeg

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

is that at the top of the door drum gasket?

0 Likes
Pritchy1982
Journeyman
Options

Yes towards the left side

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

you should be able to see in the rinse cycle if it is working OK and water is coming out of that spout (although it could be difficult with the ADD Wash Door there in the way) but if water is not coming out of that and there is a fault then that wont rinse properly.
I bet its taking ages to wash if you are selecting 5 rinses.

0 Likes
Pritchy1982
Journeyman
Options

It’s hard to see properly,is it just the final rinse when the spray comes out of that nozzle? Oh and yes it wastes my electricity I used to sometimes have to rinse towels over 12 times ,but now I just wash towels on a 60 temperature with a teaspoon of detergent and 5 rinses.

0 Likes