Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto dispense problem.

(Topic created on: 16-10-2020 10:37 PM)
Ktxx
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a Samsung washer dryer with the auto dispense function. Up until now it has been working absolutely fine but I’ve noticed that my fabric softener wasn’t loading when it should. I’ve done a drum clean, cleaned all compartments etc and still nothing. This evening I’ve run a rinse and spin to see and have no fabric softener in the machine yet the the dose indicator is showing full when it’s not! There’s also a chugging noise as if it’s trying to dispense but nothing is obviously there (this noise also happens when it was full) I’m at a loss as to what I’m to do?? Has anyone else experienced this? 

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66
Jip1000
Student
Options

Thanks guys. I thought I might be able to source the oval seals within the unit but I can’t seem to find them. If I buy another complete  unit i will probably have the same problem down the road when all is wrong is a little rubber seal. 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

@Jip1000 wrote:

Thanks guys. I thought I might be able to source the oval seals within the unit but I can’t seem to find them. If I buy another complete  unit i will probably have the same problem down the road when all is wrong is a little rubber seal. 

if the seals have not perished or gone out of shape I guess all you can do from time to time is to take drawer fully out (it shows in book how to do that by pressing down on the blue catch at the top) and then with a long soft bristle toothbrush , clean up the seals with some clean water and just keep them clean because the fabric softener liquid and the soap detergent liquid does seem to gunge them up after a while and make them yucky 

0 Likes
Aura4
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot 2022-09-19 at 22.21.43.jpg

I found that after just 4 months of the replacement that one of the oval seals in digram above has perished as shown below taken out, last time it was the detergent now this time its the softener so I'm thinking when ether one gets blocked the pump sucks the life out of the seal. I cannot stand replacements parts costing over £100 when all thats gone is a 20 pence seal that you cannot buy on its own. 

IMG_2427.JPGIMG_2425.JPG

andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

seeing as you cannot buy the seal on its own , how about using high performance rocker cover seal in a cartridge where the seal goes what they use on cars. If you get really good quality one it should repel water, oil and heat and maybe chemicals that are in fabric softener and liquid detergent. 

make sure area is very clean, dry and put the sealant where the gasket has come out , wait to fully dry/cure before putting all back together. - It just may be a solution if you cannot obtain the gasket/seal part. Samsung should really start making these seals available if it is these that are found to be at fault and if possible made of a better material  

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Granville-0458-200ml-Instant-Gasket/dp/B006H37RV4/ref=asc_df_B006H37RV4/

0 Likes
Roberto Carvalho
First Poster
Options

hi.I am here with the same problem.The softner pump does not release the softner.replace the pump could solve this problem?

0 Likes
Roberto Carvalho
First Poster
Options

Hi, if i replace the pump Could solve this problem

0 Likes
Aura4
Apprentice
Options

Yes replace will solve, I've done it twice in three years

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

How good are those detergent liquids with built in fabric softener? - Bold 2-in-1 is it called or something. I honestly have never tried them myself so I don't really know , but if the softener compartment is not working could you not put that detergent with built in softener to the detergent autodose compartment instead?

0 Likes
BrassiestClover
Student
Options

All,

I had this issue which has now gone away- in the end taking the dispense tray out and leaving in a sink to drain out of the rear connections managed to get it to work.... we did this for a few days and then it started working and has worked ever since (a month now). worth a try

andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

I dare say that it is feasible that these autodose feature washing machines with pumps in them could i would say from time to time could suffer from air lock's like a lot of other things with pumps and that sometimes the air has to be purged out of them to carry on working?

0 Likes