Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto dispense problem.

(Topic created on: 10-01-2023 12:07 PM)
Ktxx
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a Samsung washer dryer with the auto dispense function. Up until now it has been working absolutely fine but I’ve noticed that my fabric softener wasn’t loading when it should. I’ve done a drum clean, cleaned all compartments etc and still nothing. This evening I’ve run a rinse and spin to see and have no fabric softener in the machine yet the the dose indicator is showing full when it’s not! There’s also a chugging noise as if it’s trying to dispense but nothing is obviously there (this noise also happens when it was full) I’m at a loss as to what I’m to do?? Has anyone else experienced this? 

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66
jacobni1
First Poster
Options

My washing machine WW92T736CBT/S4 had malfunction on automatic dose system both on detergent and softner.  I tried everything on the Samsung support like, resetting the machine, increase level of automatic dose to high, checking the water supply etc. I even got at new drawer from Samsung nothing worked. in the end Samsung send a repair guy that identfied that the issue was a leaking pump resulting in a short circuit and both pumps were out of order. 

However the display on the washing machine only showed that i needed to refill detergent and softner.

I how they changed the design of the pump so the error does not happen again, it happened already after 1½ years since i purchased the machine

0 Likes
BradMcA
First Poster
Options

For me this was resolved on my 11 month old Samsung Series 6 WW90T684DLH/S1 by an engineer coming who seemed to already know from my description of no softener coming through with the persistent "low softener" message to be the motor on the back of the drawer compartment being dead - 30 mins later he replaced that and all is well until the next time it's not well.... the next unit will not be a Samsung for sure..

0 Likes
salvadorperilla
Student
Options

Hello, how are things? I just changed the detergent pump for a new one and I have the same problem as you, the oval gasket is deformed, I can't find it anywhere, have you been able to locate it? Thank you so much.

0 Likes
JordanS
Options

With this being the UK Samsung Community page,  it is advised to message in English to ensure our community can support you fully, so we have translated your message for you. Alternatively, should you wish to communicate in Spanish, you can also create a post over on our Spanish Community page below: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/espa%C3%B1a/ct-p/es 

0 Likes
Gavin3
Journeyman
Options

For those still struggling, I got a new pump 18 months ago (the first one lasted 12 months) and haven’t had any problems since. It is possible that they have upgraded the seal material to overcome the problem?

andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

if you cannot find this gasket anywhere I suppose one workaround is that you could go to your local Motor Factors/car parts store  and get what is called 'Instant Gasket' in cartridge form and try using that in place of the deformed out of shape original gasket. Being suitable for using on a motor car it will be resistant to water, oil, and additives and other chemicals so should not be affected by laundry liquid and fabric softener (hopefully) when its fully dried (cured) 

0 Likes
salvadorperilla
Student
Options

Hola, muchas gracias por su respuesta, he ido a mí mecánico de confianza y me ha recomendado esta silicona. Trae una cánula muy fina y he podido hacer la junta (o eso creo yo) jajajaja. Cuando vuelva a fallar la nueva bomba instalaré la reparada. De momento la bomba nueva funciona bien. Muchas gracias por su atención. Saludos.

IMG_20230322_185821.jpg

andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

@salvadorperilla wrote:

Hola, muchas gracias por su respuesta, he ido a mí mecánico de confianza y me ha recomendado esta silicona. Trae una cánula muy fina y he podido hacer la junta (o eso creo yo) jajajaja. Cuando vuelva a fallar la nueva bomba instalaré la reparada. De momento la bomba nueva funciona bien. Muchas gracias por su atención. Saludos.

well done - this is the one I use on my car engines for the rocker cover gaskets and thermostat housings: 

andy_in_ireland_0-1679512968273.jpeg

0 Likes
Teresa76mcd
First Poster
Options

I’m having the same problem I’ve cleaned everything and it makes a noise  when it tries to dispense

0 Likes
Gavin3
Journeyman
Options

Hi, 

it sounds like it is your pump too. When my pump failed to dispense it did exactly the same thing - sounds like it’s working, but as the seal has failed it doesn’t dispense. Think of it as a medicine syringe. The rubber has failed but the plunger still moves. 

You could try a repair with silicone above or replace the pump. My replacement pump has been going strong for 18 months (the first one only lasted 12 months).

Under the consumer rights act 2015 you should be able to report this as a type fault and get a free replacement, but Samsung are a nightmare to deal with! Your other option is to go back to your retailer for support!

so frustrating for such a simple fault on a very expensive washing machine!

hopefully you get it sorted!

0 Likes