Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Dispense - Conditioner

(Topic created on: 16-10-2020 10:54 PM)
Becks73
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I  wondered if there was anyone on here with the same issues as myself...

I have the WW5500 Add Wash machine. 

My first issue is that the conditioner is not going through to the machine when it's on its cycle. It's an auto dispense draw and it's set on level 3, which is the maximum it can be set on. However, I have not filled the draw for about a month now and the conditioner draw is still full. I have cleaned it, cleaned the back of the draw inside the machine & also added water to thin the conditioner out and it's still not working. The auto dispense for the washing liquid is working fine.

Is there anything else I can do before the service people come out?

Also, I find the auto dispense doesn't make the washing smell nice and clean, so I don't think it uses enough wash and conditioner... does anyone else think the same?

We also have a Samsung TV which is always dropping signal and we have to reconnect all the time and the tumble drier doesn't dry properly either ... All these products have been purchased in the last 18 months, I won't be buying Samsung again.

23 REPLIES 23
KellieR
Apprentice
Options

Hi Becks73,

I have the same issue with my Samsung WW8800.  I have cleaned the drawer, the drawer cavity and the outlets at the back of the cavity and not seen any improvement.  The machine is stable and does not need adjusting.  I don't know what else to do as I cannot seem to book an Engineer appointment online as it says that my serial number is invalid, even though it is on my invoice from Samsung !  Have you had any luck with sorting the issue yourself or booking a repair ?  So frustrating isn't it ! x

0 Likes
Ktxx
First Poster
Options

Just wondering whether you managed to sort this? Mine has started to do the exact same thing and nothing seems to work. I emptied my compartment to do a test and the dose indicator is still showing that is full when it isn’t! It’s getting on my nerves!

0 Likes
JanH66
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have a WW8800 auto dispense washing machine with same problems, conditioner is not dispensing, been same level for months and clothes are hard and no nice smell when I take them out.

I have just chatted with Samsung support and booked an engineer visit next week, hoping they find a fault as I have to pay if they dont 😞

I think there is a problem with these auto dispense washing machines from Samsung as we are all experiencing the same issue....

0 Likes
KellieR
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I managed to get an Engineer visit and he replaced the pump assembly to the auto dispenser.  All works perfectly now.  Indeed it is a common problem with these machines, confirmed by the Engineer ! Don’t be fobbed off by the Samsung call centre, they will want you to carry out a series of tests and cleaning routines ..... these are useless, the only way to rectify the issue is to have a new pump fitted.

Good luck x

JanH66
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

AN UPDATE TO MY problem above:-

I booked an engineer visit, he came with a box already under his arm and was told to change the part on my washing machine, no testing involved and I think Samsung know there is a problem with the auto dispensing of detergent/conditioner. The part he changed was the whole drawer unit casing, which is where the water enters the machine and what the drawer slides into, a few wire connections and 30 mins later the machine was back in service and has been working fine since he left.

I would suggest anybody report this and get engineer visit, he fixed my problem and I was very impressed. Now to get some real washing done :smiling-face:

Beenom
First Poster
Options

Did he need access to the back of the machine? As its a heavy beast and would be very difficult to get out of the recess. 

0 Likes
JanH66
Apprentice
Options

Yes, he had to remove top cover and get to the feed pipes at the back of the machine. 

It is very heavy but he managed to pull it out and put it back ok, I did not have to do anything myself.

0 Likes
Andrewabrah
First Poster
Options

I had a similar problem with the Samsung WF42H5000AW washing machine

0 Likes
Gavin3
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

just in case someone else stumbles upon this thread… I have a WW8800 washing machine with autodose and have had exactly the same issue where the fabric softener stops dispensing.

In my case my machine lasted 10 months before the fault developed. The service engineer came out today and replaced the entire drawer assembly and the rubber grommets at the back of the liquid reservoirs.

I asked him to leave the broken parts so I could investigate (as Samsung are a bit sketchy on what’s actually going wrong - suggesting it has something to do with the grommets at the back of the drawer- which seems nonsense).

Anyway, inside the pump located at the rear of the dispenser drawer there are two rubber gaskets - one for the detergent and one for the softener. The detergent gasket looked as new but the softer one was badly distorted- like a chemical reaction. I’ve only ever used lenor softener but it certainly hasn’t agreed with the pump gasket!

Anyway, new housing assembly now installed. Hopefully they have upgraded the gasket material!!!