Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone help with this strange noise - Washing Machine

(Topic created on: 04-02-2024 04:59 PM)
may15
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Please can anyone help with the strange noise which is coming from the washing machine? The drum is empty and is on a rinse and spin cycle.

It is a 9kg ecobubble. No error codes.

Please don’t say it’s terminal 😩

Thanks 

#washingmachine #ecobubble 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
beki22
Student
Options

mine developer a similar noise. this is about 3/4 full. is it the bearings???

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

it could be:

Pump: - remove pump filter at bottom right behind the square door. shine a torch inside where the pump goes and you should see pump propellor blades , make sure its all clean and try turning propellers with your index finger, there will be a little resistance but should still turn OK. 

bra wire stuck in between inner and outer drum. 

drum bearings: open up glass door and place hands opposite diagonal on the drum lip at the front of the drum and check for play from side to side and up and down . there should be no movement of the drum. - after you have done that , spin the drum around with your hands... is the same noise there? - if not then its more that likely not a drum bearing fault or bra wire stuck between inner and outer drum. - hif there is scraping or other noise the next step is to take the back panel off the machine (if you feel you are competent of that) and remove the rubber belt that goes over the large drum pulley and the small motor pulley (at the bottom of the machine) - if after removing the rubber drive belt you spin the drum with your hand and its making a noise still then it could be drum bearings or something caught between inner and outer drum - if it is silent then noise is coming from somewhere else. If after you put the drive belt back on and you spin the drum by hand then it could be the wash motor  making the noise, either bearings on the motor itself or (if it is a carbon brush type motor) then the brushes may have worn and need replacing or there is something inside the motor scraping. 

Good luck

0 Likes
may15
Apprentice
Options

Thank you so much for spending the time providing all of these options. We will give them a try.

The sound seems to be around the top right hand side of the machine. Does this give any indication of which is best to try first? 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

There is not much with the lid off on that side - only a small rubber pipe for the 'bubble soak' feature and a water level/pressure switch sensor . Neither of them really I could see making that kind of racket. 

On the bottom right hand side of machine you have the drain pump and recycling pump maybe the sound could be travelling up from there making it sound like its coming from the top right of the machine I suppose, although the recycling pump would not be going in the rinse/spin cycle , so that just leave the drain pump. 

But yes if you try all those other tests that might pinpoint where the noise is coming from better 

0 Likes
may15
Apprentice
Options

Thank you - Apparently it’s the drum spider and its terminal 😭

New machine ordered 

0 Likes
beki22
Student
Options

FYI mine was a catastrophic fail. 

It looked like a seal had gone some time and there was inner water leak which had been spraying over copper on motor, over electrical pieces and the bearings had been sitting in water and rusted. There was cracks on both drum bits and ordered a replacement. Not samsung, there were parts screwed in manufacturing that haf split plastic around and even some screws missing so really disappointed in the brand not lasting due to basic components failing, looked due to low quality seal.  

0 Likes
may15
Apprentice
Options

Oh so sorry Beki - we’ve not done too well have we? I know I could certainly do without it! 🤣😭

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

Thats a shame - 😒

0 Likes