Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American fridge freezer not cooling

(Topic created on: 26-05-2020 10:09 PM)
JCTHATSME
First Poster
Options

The freezer first stopped cooling and about 2 weeks later the fridge is not cooling properly. We removed back panel where condensor and compressor are situated and removed all the dust. The compressor was warm and appears to be working. We had a guy come around and said it needs re-gassing or compressors gone. He didnt check the back of the fridge so not sure he knew what he was doing. The model no. is RSH1DLMR. Any help appreciated.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @JCTHATSME 

Did you manage to get this sorted or are you still having the same issues?

0 Likes
JCTHATSME
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris not yet

0 Likes
Cannotbelieveit
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem.  Could you tell me what happened?  I’ve been told by Samsung technician that I need a brand new machine when mine is only 3 years old...I’m so upset I feel sick.  He did t even open the back and said that as he could here a watery noise it means there’s a gas leak...can anyone help me? Thanks.

0 Likes
Laljivekaria
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same problem.  My model is RS54K4400SA 230V/50Hz.  Both Fridge and freezer stopped cooling for a week now and are actually warm inside. 

While waiting for the technician over the new year closures I had cleaned the rear panel and blown all the accumulated dust. No ice blockages were seen or thawed later.

I’ve been told by a technician today that I have to buy a new one because oil has leaked out from the compressor and is circulating in the system. He could hear a watery/bubbling noise and said it means there’s a gas leak hence is not repairable. Had to pay his £79 callout fees.

I understand it is out of warranty as I bought it 6 years ago. But if oil has leaked from the compressor which has a 10 year warranty, is this not a valid point for Samsung to consider repair/replacement?

2 years ago I had to have one of the small IC boards replaced (cost £70 + £70 technician's callout fees) because it was not powering on at all (no lights, no motor humming).

I’m so upset and gutted, as I relied on the Samsung brand to last a decent period, but it has failed me twice already. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

0 Likes