Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Fridge Freezer Door Restriction

(Topic created on: 08-01-2023 11:56 AM)
Basil_00
Apprentice
Options

Hi, Inhabe just taken delivery of my new replacement fridge freezer and I am delighted in all but one one way.

The right door when full carries quite a lot of momentum and before too long I can imagine it will come to blows with my kitchen door.

Having inspected the bottom leg there appears to be a door restrictor fitted which is set to circa 180 degrees however I can’t seem to find any instructions on how to adjust this.

Has anybody else had this issue and have found a way to adjust the restrictor.

I hope I can get some advice before my door is covered in dents 😞

Many thanks 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@Basil_00: Please can you confirm the full model number of your fridge freezer, and I will take a look into this for you? 

0 Likes
Basil_00
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew 

Thanks for the prompt response.

The full model number is 

RS67A8810S9/EU

I hope this helps.

Many thanks

Mark

0 Likes
Basil_00
Apprentice
Options

Hi @AndrewL 

Just wondering if you reviewed my earlier response.

Best wishes

RichieB1973
First Poster
Options

@AndrewL - I am also wondering about this. Can you confirm if the door restriction is possible?

0 Likes
gggrrbb
First Poster
Options
Would like to know also please
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Basil_00 @gggrrbb @RichieB1973: I have looked into this for you, and it is not possible to restrict the angle that the door opens to on the RS67A8810S9/EU. All I can suggest is taking care when opening the door, and try to avoid letting it swing open freely. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

0 Likes
Basil_00
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for getting back to me.

Whilst I am disappointed that experienced engineers and manufacturers can’t provide a solution, I have managed to fabricate a restrictor customed from a sponge wedge which is positioned in the gap of the top hinge.

I would be happy to sell my IP and rights to Samsung…lol

0 Likes