Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6th repair on a 22 month old Washer/Dryer

(Topic created on: 01-10-2019 11:46 AM)
DawsonUK
Journeyman
Options

Hello all,

We purchased the Samsung WD12J8400GW 12kg Washer Dryer. 

Since we bought It, the dryer heater has blown 3 times and needed full replacement (according to the engineer, a common fault with this model!) It has had leak sensors activated, hoses replaced, the drum has jammed up twice. The Engineer has said that this is nothing that we are doing wrong, and that we are just 'unlucky'. We take care to keep the Machine clean, etc.

The issue is, with each repair call-out, which Samsung do carry out with no issues, the Machine can be unusable for up to a month - up to 2 weeks for an engineer to come to assess the problem, and up to 3 weeks to source the parts. We are a family of 5.

This is a £1100 machine.

Clearly there are inherent issues with this model, certainly the one currently sat unusable in my kitchen.

Now, I LOVE Samsung - if it's electronic and made by Samsung, and we need It, we generally have it. But I am really not happy about this.

How many repairs before Samsung replace the machine? (the Machine I own is no longer produced) I would be happy with less 'Kg's' but I still want the £1k machine I paid for.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @DawsonUK 

We can totally understand your frustration with this. It is quite unusual for a machine to have had so many repairs before an alternative resolution is considered. How long have you had the Washer/Dryer? Have all the repairs been booked in through Samsung Customer Services on 0330 726 7864?

0 Likes
DawsonUK
Journeyman
Options

Hello Chris, thank you for the response.

We have owned the Machine for just under 2 years, around 23 months. All call-outs have been logged through Customer Service.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

So how many call outs have there been in total would you say? Also, am I correct in saying that the machine is currently not working and that you're awaiting a further engineer visit?

0 Likes
DawsonUK
Journeyman
Options

I believe it has been 5 repair call-outs spread over the 2 year period. Currently out of use and logged with the good folks at Customer Service on Monday, so now awaiting Engineer who is due on Monday, who will assess the current issue, and as previously order the parts and book to fit them, which is usually another 1-2 weeks.

0 Likes
DawsonUK
Journeyman
Options

Just as an update, the Engineer came on Monday. This time a valve has broken. This is expected to be repaired on Friday. Again though it is just another repair of a long line and we are very concerned that our Machine will only last as long as the Warranty. This machine must also be costing Samsung a fortune with the constant repair jobs. Samsung and the repair company have been great in getting the machine fixed, but there is clearly inherent issues with this rare model.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

We understand your concerns, @DawsonUK, however, we're pleased to hear that the service you've received in getting your Machine repaired has been what we'd like to expect under the circumstances.

Are you up and running again now? Did the engineer manage to fix the valve yesterday?

0 Likes
DawsonUK
Journeyman
Options

Hi Chris, yes the machine is working again. Although the fear is that this is just 'for now', as this was the 6th repair in 2 years. Our biggest concern is that as soon as the Warranty has expired, so will the machine. This is not what we expect at the price point and expected Samsung quality.

0 Likes
KP48
Student
Options

Dear Dawson,

I'm having a similar problem.

Im planning to talk to Samsung tomorrow.

If they cannot repair in the same day, how long would they generally take to repair?

If they have to come again to replace an item, can I use the machine in the interim?

Thanks a lot

0 Likes
KP48
Student
Options

Use, meaning can I at least wash from it?

0 Likes