Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Year Warranty Eco Bubble Machine ?

(Topic created on: 19-08-2021 09:02 PM)
pecaralp
First Poster
Options

Purchased Samsung WD90J6410 AW Eco Bubble washing machine on 17 March 2018. Failed Saturday 4th April 2020. Went through all relevant procedures and eventually placed a call with a company to fix. Only to be told you don't have 5 year warranty. Yet I am looking at a receipt from AppliancesDirect that says Warranty Period is 5 Years. No other paper work about having to do anything else. Also Samsung say, by way of repair company, we purchased machine in February 2018. Not  March 2018. Currently waiting for callback from AppliancesDirect for them to explain differences and why no warranty. Phone number on original invoice for warranty repairs no longer exists.  0845 726 7864 but 0330 726 7864 does but is currently suspended. Any ideas or do I go with the increasing feeling that somewhere been stitched up!

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Jam1eM
Samsung Pro
Options
I think you will need to speak to the retailer. Samsung washing machines and washer dryers come with a 2 year warranty as standard, in some cases a 3 year extension is offered as a promotional activity but these require registration within 90 days. This is validated on Samsung systems and once registered would have received an email back confirming the 5 year total. This is not likely to have been registered if Samsung are saying the repair is not covered, if you have an email to prove you have registered this can be accepted.

Currently due to Covid-19 situation live chat is your best option to speak to some one at Samsung, but they are likely to say what I have above.

As I originally say you will need to speak to the retailer if they have advised different.

What is actually wrong with the appliance, perhaps we can help?

Thank
Jamie
0 Likes
pecaralp
First Poster
Options

Currently awaiting  a reply back from AppliancesDirect with regards to the warranty from their warranty department.

On the original invoice it says "Warranty period is 5 years. You can make a warranty claim by calling 0845 726 7864" which is a Samsung old number before it changed to 0330 726 7864. Further more I am having problems understanding why Samsung are saying the warranty expired on 29/2/2020 (this from the company who I had been directed to for repairs) when I didn't buy the machine until 21/3/2018. So as an absolute minimum according to Samsung's records  I only get 23 months warranty. When I went to school 1 year was 12 months. As you can imagine I am not happy that a machine that I only had 2 years and 14 days should then fail. The problem would seem to be no power. The fuse has been checked and even replaced and is fine, as is the socket and cabling. From looking online it would seem to be a PCB problem and would appear from the comments I have seen fairly common that around about 2 years the board fails.

There was no other documentation with the machine that I would need to register to get the extra 3 years. I even placed a query about drum cleaning shortly after, but no mention appeared about needing to register.

Water has been drained but still unable to open the door to get the clothes out. Any ideas on how to open the door when the machine doesn't seem to have any power. The front panel does have any lights.

0 Likes
pecaralp
First Poster
Options
that should read "The front panel does NOT have any lights"
0 Likes
Jam1eM
Samsung Pro
Options

On some units there is a black bit of plastic you can pull down to release the door lock. If fitted this will be found at the drain pump flap area. Pull it down while pulling on the door, it should release.

I don't know if yours is one that has this pull cord or not. If not then I'm guessing it needs an engineer, as you know.

The warranty applies from the date of purchase as per the invoiced date, the engineers if they don't have the proof of purchase to hand will look at the serial number which will give a production date. 

I'm going to ask a moderator to for more advice. 

0 Likes
pecaralp
First Poster
Options

Many thanks for your response.

I am glad to say that the door is now open and we can get the

damp dirty washing out.

Will be going back to the retailer again tomorrow about the 5 year warranty

Spent awhile this afternoon on line via chat with Samsung.

Lets just say I got nowhere.

0 Likes
Jam1eM
Samsung Pro
Options
That is something positive well done. I've asked a moderator to get in touch to look into this a little more. This may be tonight, but likely tomorrow.
0 Likes
pecaralp
First Poster
Options

Thank you.

Have a good evening.

0 Likes
Colin3
First Poster
Options

Hi, did you get a resolution to the 5yr warranty duration or getting the washing machine fixed/replaced?

I have the same cutout problem on a heat pump dryer. 

0 Likes
H66
Apprentice
Options

Did you get any response to this? I have the same power problem with an eco bubble washer/dryer and Samsung are refusing to confirm the guarantee

0 Likes