Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

3 month old Washer Dryer not drying properly

(Topic created on: 11-10-2019 12:57 PM)
DawsonUK
Journeyman
Options

Hello, we purchased a new washer dryer around 3 months ago, it is the 12kg model with model number WD12J8400GW. We absolutely LOVE it and we are sure the following is an error on our part...

When put on a dry cycle, for the last week or so the clothes have not been drying as they used to. Clothes come out damp after many long cycles. Before this, just putting it on the 'Extra Dry' setting could easily sort 9kg of thick towels!

One thing we have noticed is that there is alot of steam when a dry cycle is done, before the steam seemed to be removed by the time we could open the door.

Have checked and cleaned the lint filter, so not that.

Any help greatly appreciated!

8 REPLIES 8
Nathanx
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Washer dryers cant dry the same amount as they wash, check the front of the machine, I think the one you have in max 8kg dry.

If you overload there is no room for clothes to tumble so they just get hot make lots of steam and take ages to dry.

This may be the problem.

Lappeta
First Poster
Options

I have the same model of washing machine (WD12J8400GW/EU) and it has started doing the same thing. It is definitely not overloaded and I I cleaned out the filter also.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Hi @DawsonUK

If you have a particularly large load of laundry you might want to try the Time Dry option (a shirt symbol with an inset clock), accessible by tapping the Dry Level button below the display. From here you can select a specified time from 30 mins to 4hrs 30 mins to reflect the laundry quantity and moisture.
Solution
DawsonUK
Journeyman
Options

I have since contacted Samsung. As the machine was under warranty they immediately sent out am Engineer. The Engineer himself told me that he had just replaced the same part on the same model the job before me!

Apparently this is a common problem with this model. He just swapped out the dryer heater for a new one and has worked fine since. This was 4 months ago. I am slightly concerned this will happen again down the line.

Maggie14
First Poster
Options

My washer dryer only worked for 1.5 month, and it can not drain any more! It took them 11 days to send out the engineer. After the engineer came, he found there is a fault with the pump and the control board, and it will take another 11 days to wait for the spare parts to arrive... 

It's really disappointing! I have paid so much money for the new machine, and it only works for 1.5 month.

I am so regret that I have bought the Samsung washer dryer... My friend who recently bought the samsung washer dryer also has the similar issue, and they are also waiting for the engineer... 

K_Disapointed
First Poster
Options

I insisted to buy a ecco buuble sumsung with dryer function after a long study on all types of washers and dryers available on the market. We have the model wd90j6a10aw  . After around 3 months we were taking the clothes out from the washing machine and the rubber around the door just felt out together with a spring. We tried to put it back (after looking and do not find instructions on the manual about how to do it) but its ss leaking since them. We have a visit of the enginner qho fixed it,  apparently it was working fine, but after the first dryer cycle , after the enginnering visit, it stoped drying, i saw an read icon on the screen so I cleaned  and empty the water filter, but nothing happens, since now it doesnt dry anymore, the clother get hot but they come out weat even after a 4 houers cicle . We are waiting for the second visit of the engineering now. I am really disappointed  my choice for this model was to pay more for  it beliving it was a reliable washing machine from a reliable brand. Now we are without a drying function  on a damp winter in Ireland. I totally regret  my choice. 

Revegv
Student
Options

I have the same problem! I am so frustrated every time a certified samsung repair person comes to check on it they just plug into a tablet device and see nothing wrong with it because not codes are coming up and don't even run a cycle to see it in action and it will work for one day then that's it. I've tried to contact samsung directly for help, they are no help at all can't even get this matter escalated.  The machine is deflective inefficient and wastes water! It really needs to get its energy star and water efficiency status revoked every time it reruns that spin cycle it adds water and it gets stuck in a cycle of doing this for hours! I think since Samsung is unresponsive, I think I'm going to write to congress to see if they can do something especially since we are in a state that has a drought! 

0 Likes
Alers111
First Poster
Options

Hi, have you ever find out the issue with the drying after the gasket was replaced?

0 Likes