Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zold 3 inside screen

(Topic created on: 16-04-2023 02:32 PM)
Callumjhudson1
First Poster
Options

Keep it short.

Opened phone to hear the crack and inner screen a black line down it  Had inner screen fixed at samsung (Newcastle) 6 days later, the same thing happened. I was angry and took picture off the phone before I sent it off for repair this time. The phone was immaculate no screen damage or dent or scratches. 

Then to go to their Samsung repair centre, likewize ( who are useless ). To be told I have damaged it and been sent a picture off damage, but my pictures before hand had no marks where they are saying.

Now Samsung won't give to ahead to repair without  more information and likewize are waiting for Samsung to say do it under warranty.

I don't know what to do, as my photos prove there was no marks. I wouldn't off took pictures if a wasn't fuming about the screen been 6 days old. But samsung won't make a decision. 

It seems a massive fault with these phones and Samsung do anything not to fix the screen. 

Screenshot_2023-03-09-19-03-11-095_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-09-19-03-40-243_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

  

4264400497 2.jpg

4264400497 5.jpg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
keith30
Maestro
Options
I think the hard lessons there is not to buy a folding phone in future as they don't seem to honour they warranty without you having to pay for any repairs and cost.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Callumjhudson1 

You did the right thing in regards to taking photo's of the phone which also need to be date and time stamped to show when the photo's were taken.

If there is an indication of accidental damage then the Service Centre will consult with their managers and make a decision and then inform you.

I've had my Samsung Fold³ since launch day and the screen is fine apart from the delamination of the inner screens factory fitted screen protector.

I hope all goes well for you.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Callumjhudson1
First Poster
Options

Yeah they have always been a problem with the fold. Ever since the first model they made, what I didn't expect was a 6day old screen to do exactly the same. But yeah lesson learned, don't by a fold and Samsung scam you out of a repair bill. 

0 Likes
Callumjhudson1
First Poster
Options

Yes I can click detail and it's give me the time and date photo was taking on my phone.  It's funny how wasn't a mark on my original photo then my phone came back with one on. 

Yeah mine had the delamination on left hand side but was fine for 16 month then opened it one day n heard it crunch. Then black line no sign off damage. Got it fixed. 6 days later opened it up in the car, crunch exactly the same line down middle.  The phone is great, but the inner screen needs looking at, if you search on internet it's a well known fault and well known Samsung do nothing about it and void warranty.

0 Likes
john2023
First Poster
Options
I've exactly the same issue with my Galaxy z fold 3. It seems like many people reported screen faults
I am waiting to send my mobile to Samsung repair centre. That'll leave me without my mobile for days. The warranty should cover even for a temporary mobile replacement.
0 Likes