Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZFold 3 Internal Screen Protector delaminating

(Topic created on: 25-07-2022 01:35 PM)
RajivEna
First Poster
Options

I have had my ZFold 3 since they came out.   I love the device but now my screen protector for my internal screen is delaminating at the fold.   I called Samsung Care and I have to say this is such an awful experience that I may never buy Samsung products again.  Twice, they told me to go to Ubreakifixit.   When I go there, they tell me they cannot work on Samsung products and it is not covered under warranty, which Samsung says is.   Now, Samsung wants me to mail my phone in, but I cannot do without it.   How can this be so difficult?   Any advice what to do?

4 REPLIES 4
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Advice is to send it back if you want it fixing, if you purchased the phone originally via mail order (online) then you must have been aware repairs would require you to post it in.

It's not Samsungs problem you can't do without a phone, Go buy a cheap one..

Samsung customer service appears to need a shake up from top to bottom as there are many complaints just on this forum regarding it being real poor.

I'm a Samsung user but if you want first class after sales service there is only one phone company to buy from.
jolou1978
First Poster
Options
We have this e act same problem
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@RajivEna 

The exact same happened to my Fold³ too.

As some Service Centres are replacing the whole screen and battery instead of replacing the screen protector as it appears not to be a straightforward process I opted to remove the screen protector which does not void the warranty unless the screen is damaged in the process.

The protector peels off just like most factory fitted screen protectors.

I now use mine without one.

3rd party accessory companies sell screen protectors too.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
braxxes
First Poster
Options

I called Ubreakifix in Memphis and made an appointment.  They indeed will repair the phone.  It takes about 2 hours and there is a charge (cheaper if under warranty).  They told me if you remove it yourself it voids the factory warranty.  They are a part of Asurion.  Takes 2 hours.

0 Likes