Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZFlip3 Screen stress marks!

(Topic created on: 04-05-2022 04:52 PM)
ColinR500
Apprentice
Options

My Flip3 is 6 months old and starting to show stress marks along the fold, I rang Samsung for repair and now the repair centre are saying it's physical damage as it has some general wear and tear marks from my pockets (keys/coins) there are only a few tiny marks. The handset has never been dropped. The repair centre say it's against Samsung's policy to repair, Samsung say they're sticking with the repair centre. They want £279 for a screen! Looking on the internet it quite easy to find thousands of faulty screens on Flip3's. It looks like Samsung don't want to admit they have a substandard product. I've had/have at least 12 Samsung products but will be switching to someone else now.

9 REPLIES 9
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
You only have to read the posts in this section of the community forum to understand what you're getting when you buy one of these flip phones. Pay the fee or buy another phone, Samsung already got your money!

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
ColinR500
Apprentice
Options
I'll be taking my money elsewhere, as the product isn't fit for purpose...
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
I know it isn't, it's why my money is sitting snuggley and safely in my bank account right now. Some people will still take a gamble though, even with all the negative community posts and Samsung know this.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I also have the flip3 and to be fair I love it.
I'm fully aware of issues that might arise in the future but just love the form factor of this little beauty 😍.
I will say that when the time comes to replacing the screen protector I shall install it myself.
I've heard enough horror stories about Samsung trying to charge £££ for supposed damaged screens 🤨
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Yeah @tinglish pretty much says it all for me too !
I do give the screen and the hinge a gentle wipe every day and run the cleaning cloth along the crease in the screen again with just gentle pressure and so far ( touch wood ) it is fine
0 Likes
ColinR500
Apprentice
Options

I do love the phone, had S6, S7, S8 and S10, it fits nice in the pocket, lots of comments about it, even said it's a great phone. With the screen having some stress cracks after 6 months it shows the product isn't up to standard.

Lindsay Burrows
Journeyman
Options

Exactly the same BS excuses they used with my phone. 
If you actually use your phone, the wear and tear it will receive is grounds for them to deny a warranty claim.
Yes that includes actually opening and closing your phone to use it.

0 Likes
Roooo
First Poster
Options
My zip3 is show stress marks on the fold too. I haven't contacted Samsung yet but I can see I'm going to have a fight on my hands. Mine is also cutting my phone calls after 5ms and/or the sound goes all weird and it's difficult to understand what people are saying.
0 Likes
Annieh
First Poster
Options
Awful awful phone
0 Likes