Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zflip crack along the crease

(Topic created on: 09-08-2022 10:38 AM)
KatyN
First Poster
Options
I am really dissappointed that like May other my z flip phone has cracks appearing in the fold of the screen. Looking online I see that the screen is not covered under warranty but I think as a loyal customer of Samsung you must now admit that this product is faulty. My phone has always been well looked after and protected by a case and screen protector and is only a few months old. It's such a pity as the phone itself is a great concept and works very well. Can any onr advise me on what recourse I can take please?
20 REPLIES 20
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The screens will be covered under warranty unless there is damage that has caused the fault.
If the screen is working OK, it's likely just the screen protector.
Contact customer support.
Or if you have a Samsung Experience Store or service centre near you, you can book it in to assess the level of repair
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Cracks are not covered under warranty cracks on a screen is caused by users
Members_HpNCljj
Student
Options

MIne also has a crack along the fold, always had a case and been looked after, this phone is just 11 months old, surely this should be covered by warranty. I love Samsung, but if I don't get anywhere will be going back to Apple! Disappointed!!

0 Likes
Members_HpNCljj
Student
Options

How can that be? It just appeared!!!

Members_yH7jC5G
Apprentice
Options

Is it not just the sticky cover? I didn't realise till mine came away from the screen 

0 Likes
Members_yH7jC5G
Apprentice
Options

There is a sticky screen protector on it x

Sylvatic21
Journeyman
Options
Unfortunately i have the same issue, samsung basically just say no its not their problem and the only way to resolve is by paying £279 for it the be repaired. My advice dont buy samsung it isnt worth it.
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Nothing wrong with samsung. Every other manufacturer would say the same. Cracks on the screen are not a defect cracks on a screen are cause by the user. Cracks on a screen are not cover by any manufacturers warranty. You won't ever get a cracked screen fixed under warranty by any manufacturer.
0 Likes
Sylvatic21
Journeyman
Options
The cracks arent caused by the users on this issue unfortunately otherwise there wouldnt be so many people all with the same problem. If i buy a foldable phone i think its reasonable to assume that folding it wont cause damage to the phone. This should be under the warranty as the damage is caused by using the device for its intended purpose. Had i dropped it or dented it to weaken the screen then fair enough but when that hasnt occured and the screen is simply splitting across the folding part i think its more than fair to say that this isnt a trustable company when we are now about to see the 4th version