Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZFlip 3 screen protector

(Topic created on: 05-01-2023 05:59 AM)
KS1970
Apprentice
Options

I have had my ZFlip 3 for 16 months now.  The screen protector has been replaced twice already by Samsung and I am having the same issue again.  At this point I am told it will cost me $476CDN to repair.  

This is a know issue to Samsung and they should be replacing it because it is a defect in the phone itself and the repairs they provide.  I have tried numerous times to contact support both through chat and text options only to be kicked out of the chat/text because they have no one to answer. 

This is by far the WORST customer service I have every had, with anything.  The fact that it was a very expensive phone that is no better then a paperweight now show that Samsung really does not care if they are making quality products or backing up their products.  Shame on you Samsung.

Is anyone else having issues with the screen on the zflip3 separating and being unusable?  

6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @KS1970 

The factory fitted screen protector on my Fold³ had delamination up the centre crease.

I chose to carefully peel it off the phone which does not invalidate the warranty as long as the screen isn't damaged in the process.

My personal opinion is that thus isn't a defect as this is a screen protector and these can peel off.

My phone works fine without it.

My colleagues at work also peeled away.

This can happen with screen protectors unfortunately.

So the phone can be used without one or Samsung can determine if this can be replaced or a person can buy one.

I appreciate a person wanting to be extra vigilant due to how the screen is softer than main stream slab type phone displays.

I see Samsung Canada have replaced yours twice. That's pretty good customer support.

You say your phone is unusable ?

The operation of the phone shouldn't be affected by a thin piece of plastic delaminating !

So may I ask what have Samsung reported back to you after assessing the phone to what's wrong it the screen making it unusable ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
md2002
Student
Options
Mine is coming away even though I hardly open it. Do you have a link of who to contact?
0 Likes
KS1970
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply BandOfBrothers, I have the flip3 not the fold3.  The second time the protector started to come off it made the screen so I couldn't us it.  It created dead spots on the screen.  What we would call the screen protector is actually part of what makes the screen function and my phone is unusable without it.  It was coming off at the crease as well but grew as I used it.  I tried to open the screen as little as possible in the hopes that the screen wouldn't do the same thing, but it did.  The fact that they want to charge me $476 to fix it tells me that there is more to the protective cover then a traditional screen saver.  I continue to reach out to Samsung to fix the issue a third time.  

KS1970
Apprentice
Options

MD2002, I went to samsung help site and opened a chat.  Make sure you have hours to spend on this because I waited 3 hours yesterday for a rep to be assigned to my chat case.  Good luck.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @KS1970 

I wish you all the best.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@md2002 

Of you have a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store then you should be able to visit there.

Check before travelling on the relevant Samsung site just incase you need to create an appointment. 

Failing that check on Samsungs support page for the telephone number for your region to enquire about sending the phone in.

I wish you all the best.

0 Likes