Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZFlip 3 5G broken after 3 days of usage!

(Topic created on: 28-02-2022 11:38 AM)
T505
Apprentice
Options

Hi, before I bought my ZFlip, I checked the reviews and also how durable the screen is. People in reviews on YouTube had this phone for like 5mo and still no crack or crease in the middle. I also came across some bad reviews about screen breaking while charging closed, while sleeping. I bought the ZFlip in Thursday, 24. 2. 2022. I woke up today, 28. 2. 2022, and the screen was ok. Since the percentage was low, I placed it into the charger. Woke up after 30mins and there was a ***** crease in the middle and a few scratches under the screen protector. What should I do? 

I bought 2y warranty from the store I bought it in, so I'm fine. They cover ALL the damages. The thing is, shouldn't this be replaced for free? It's not even a month or WEEK since I bought my ZFlip 3...

Tell me what do y'all thing!

10 REPLIES 10
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Take it straight in and get the screen looked at.
If its new, you have a cooling off period where you can return the device if you are not happy.
Sounds like it just something with the screen protector, and should be easily fixed.
Could be it just wasn't fitted perfectly.
Definitely go and get it looked at
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
If you have a Samsung store
Near you
You could perhaps take it
For them to have a look
Or try contacting support
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
Explaining the issue as new phone
They may be able to help
0 Likes
T505
Apprentice
Options

I'm kinda worried if I should take the protector off, they could later say its my fault since it wasn't there... I can just pay 90$ for a replacement, but I want it for free :'D

0 Likes
T505
Apprentice
Options

Support is extremely busy, I can contact the shop I bought it in, I have a warranty from them. Guy will come to my house and get it fixed. Idk if they want some money for that and I really dont want to pay anything. Its not even a week since I bought the device. 

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Personally I'd go back and show them that after 4 days you already have an issue. Leave it in place.
That said, some have removed it and replaced with a third party one. Some have left them off, but I think that's a bit too risky.
As @xSteveuk has said. Best if you can pop into a Samsung store
0 Likes
T505
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, I'll just contact the store to pick it up and give me my money back. Case and ZFlip will get returned and I'll get my hands on s22+.

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Still an excellent choice alternative may I say.
Think the S22+ is going to be a great phone
0 Likes
T505
Apprentice
Options

Just came out of the store I bought it in. They literally said it's my fault. Mechanicly broken, probably by mistreatment! I started being mad and the guy sent me to the Samsung service. I'll go there tmrw and I'll probably kill someone there if they say the same thing. A lots of people came across the same issue, idk why this should be mine faul. *****...

inwe85
Explorer
Options

Very sorry to hear, lots of people experiencing the same thing. Crack on the fold of a foldable phone is somehow user fault, don't bother with a 1-2yr warranty when the phone is cracking within days and weeks! They then give a discounted repair price "based on good will" after blaming you and voiding your consumer rights. Absolute crooks.

0 Likes