Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z5 flip

(Topic created on: 10-04-2024 12:08 AM)
tam1953
Navigator
Options
My daughter is determined to buy the Z5 flip but I'm trying like crazy to get her to buy a decent 10quid nokia phone from cash converters and stop 
being complicit in samsungs con tricks..
Some MORE nightmare stories about this piece of junk would be much appreciated 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm assuming your daughter is an adult here, with her own money when I say this. Let your daughter choose what she wants to buy. If I had to choose between a £10 dumbphone that's cheap and reliable or a £500-£999 flip phone that expensive and perhaps somewhat unreliable I'd take the flip phone all day, every day, hands down because taking nice photos, using social media, having a large screen to browse the Internet are things that many people value highly in their day to day lives and if that's what you're daughter wants then why does it matter to you? A £10 phone just doesn't cut it for the vast majority of people. Why are you trying to impose your world view on her. Let her live her own life and make her own decisions.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I appreciate your viewpoint on this situation with your daughters choice of phone's,  however a feature phone such as this Nokia probably won't tick the wants and needs boxes she wants. 

The phone she wants is a good powerful phone which I'm sure she'll be very happy with. 

Life is all about choices @tam1953 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
From my own perspective, I really would like to try out a foldable device.....

BUT

Samsung really do not have the quality (hardware or software) combined with truly awful customer service so I won't buy Flip or Fold. Pixel Fold is manufactured by Samsung so no there.

I also want to upgrade my TV. Same story. Won't touch Samsung due to poor quality and software issues that you just don't get with many other manufacturers.

Flip and Fold need to be handled softly. Drop it and it's doomed.
0 Likes
tam1953
Navigator
Options
I hope you all realise my post was purely tongue in cheek.
Of course my daughter can buy what she wants, its her money after all. But ive heard some horror stories about this model. Screen blank, peeling. Green bar across the fold ive also heard/read its the most complained , returned phone Samsungs ever produced.ive told her once you buy it your stuck with it.. lets face it Samsung arnt the most forthcoming when it comes to help, even less when it comes to refunding
0 Likes
tam1953
Navigator
Options
Hi@RXM
Seems like my sarcasm went over your head.
Of course a flagship phone is what my daughter wants and will probably get.
My point is after reading and hearing some awful reviews and sad stories i think its only right I let her know.

As for the £10 nokia !!?
Joke man....joke 😁
0 Likes
Nick9542
First Poster
Options

I had the flip 3 for the longest of times.the batter life sucked. Had to charge it mid day and every night.despite that, I loved it. 

When I heard of the new and improved flip 5, I preordered it on launch day. I got it in september.i babied it. Never dropped it, had heavy screen protectors. Then suddenly end of December, I noticed a line start in the side of the hinge. I thought it would go away but it got worse. I had service place inspect and tell me it was an issue with the hinge. So I sent in to get fix. Warranty covered and all was good. 

Then a month later, the dreaded lines from the same hinge began to creep along the screen. It was worse. I really wasn't able to use the bottom screen. I sent it in. They tried to claim the LCD was broken. I told them that can't be true because I just had it fixed for the same issue.

They replaced the LCD, and sent back. Less than a month later... The lines from the same hinge is coming back. New LCD screen is responding differently - hard to use. 

Now I have to send back. If they try to charge me, I'm going to be pissed. 

I love the foldable phones. But right now, having to get it fixed every month is a nightmare, especially since I use my phone for multi authentication with work. 

0 Likes