Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z3 flip screen crack issue

(Topic created on: 12-01-2023 08:14 PM)
Rick77429
First Poster
Options

I'm starting to receive micro cracks on the hinge of the screen and was under the impression it would be covered under the warranty because I'm well within the year, but I contacted chat support and they said it was physical damage and not covered?

It was obvious the person wasn't a native English speaker by their grammar, so I tried to explain there was no trauma or misuse of the phone, but to no avail.

Reading posts here leads me to believe it IS covered under the warranty, so I'm wondering what tricks you have to use to get the issue addressed?

Z3 flip, and just using it as intended (opening and closing it) and it's starting to develop cracks I can feel and see along the flip hinge part of the screen.  

29 REPLIES 29
Clare49
Explorer
Options

Yesterday I received my phone back, in better condition than when I sent it 🤔, also it was wiped of all data. I thought it wasn’t my phone!

I phoned Samsung……I’ve been looking into this crease damage and it’s the lifetime screen protector that’s come away along the fold line. I refused to pay for repair. Was expecting the damage to fold to still be there but it wasn’t……..apparently they remove the screen protector to inspect it, then replace it. My phone has come back near perfect…. Would be perfect if the company they sub contracted to could fit a screen protector properly! This is all great, however they wanted £309 from me to replace the screen they said I’d damaged. Obviously not the case!  Pic is my phone now just the 5mm in corner that’s not stuck down properly, when I sent it is was all the way across the fold. 

yes I argued with Samsung that screen obviously didn’t need replacing if they hadn’t made such a crappy job of replacing the screen protector my phone would now be perfect! 

so u ask why £309 for new screen? 

• Well when they replace a screen they also replace the battery. My phone is 10 months old it didn’t need a new battery or screen obviously just the screen protector replacing…….that’s like going to garage for brakes for car and them doing the tyres too. 😡 
    oh ……..and just to top it off I was told to go to a Samsung store and they will fit a new screen protector for u free of charge as still under warranty.

I am horrified with Samsung. People are being charged for new screen when all they replace is the screen protector. Photo is of my phone now.6ABFFFFE-6C12-4D90-AFC5-6CF904F5EA95.jpeg

0 Likes
Ro666
Apprentice
Options

I've had this happen to me on two occasions and both times was working fine night before and cracked in the morning.. all touch functions on top half of screen stop working.. clearly this is a fault in the phone and samsung should offer a fix or replace with something else

Ro666
Apprentice
Options

So your saying stop using the fold on the phone that was designed to be folded?

Ro666
Apprentice
Options

This exact thing happened to me twice..

0 Likes
MilesPoole
Apprentice
Options

Fit for purpose! Speak to your training standards at your local council that will help you. 

0 Likes
MilesPoole
Apprentice
Options
Lost a like plenty of us to take action in County Court!
tart
First Poster
Options
6 months I've had mine and the screen is splitting along the fold and it cracks when I open it
0 Likes
Clare49
Explorer
Options
Take it to a Samsung shop, if you can sounds like the same as mine, I sent mine off for repair they told me I needed a new screen, I refused to pay the £309 as they said it had impact damage. As it turns out only needed a new screen protector. I visited a Samsung shop/repair centre in London while spending a few days there, you need an appointment, engineer inspected it could see any damage had no idea why they said I needed a new screen. My screen protector was replaced free of charge. I suspect its the 3rd party repair centre that's ripping off the consumer.
0 Likes
MilesPoole
Apprentice
Options

You see those white lines/craks along fold line, I took my phone to vodaphone they replaced as in the uk it's the law. I waited for a week and it came back perfect...  New phone.

Anything sold in the uk under our laws say the item must last for an expected time ie two years plus years or more.  See your council consumer rights.

0 Likes
Makwana Jatin Ramesh
First Poster
Options

IMG-20231118-WA0005.jpg

0 Likes