Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z3 flip screen crack issue

(Topic created on: 01-11-2022 09:28 AM)
Rick77429
First Poster
Options

I'm starting to receive micro cracks on the hinge of the screen and was under the impression it would be covered under the warranty because I'm well within the year, but I contacted chat support and they said it was physical damage and not covered?

It was obvious the person wasn't a native English speaker by their grammar, so I tried to explain there was no trauma or misuse of the phone, but to no avail.

Reading posts here leads me to believe it IS covered under the warranty, so I'm wondering what tricks you have to use to get the issue addressed?

Z3 flip, and just using it as intended (opening and closing it) and it's starting to develop cracks I can feel and see along the flip hinge part of the screen.  

29 REPLIES 29
motfot
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue. This is normal usage and a defect in manufacturing. Does anyone know what our options are?

0 Likes
Stacy S
First Poster
Options

Had the same issue as everyone else, 7 month old z3 flip screen cracked along the hinge, sent back to Sky mobile as it’s under warranty. Told it was physical damage not covered under warranty.

I have questioned  this with technical at sky who are fully aware of the issue but until Samsung acknowledge the fault as an issue and take responsibility there hands are tied.

has anybody contacted the ombudsman with this problem and had any joy I wonder?

I will try tomorrow to find out the process.

0 Likes
charlou
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue! Have you had any joy?! Having to pay for this manufacturing fault is a JOKE.
0 Likes
Members_AKnZAg9
First Poster
Options

I am having this exact issue with my Samsung Galaxy Z3 flip. I have had it less than 6 months and stupidly didn't do any research about these issues before I bought it. 

The problem i'm now having is samsung are saying that I need to pay to fix it because it's my fault not theirs. I have never dropped the phone and this issue happened over night whilst I was asleep. Any Advice on what I can do? thumbnail_20220708_124538.jpg

0 Likes
Members_JuzPll2
First Poster
Options

Honestly... i do Belive it happens because it is folded. Leave it infolded durring The nights and I belive it wont happen

0 Likes
Clare49
Explorer
Options

Was it repaired 

0 Likes
Ritchiehowie
Student
Options
Nope... said it was my fault.. that I must have dropped the phone... which I haven't.... I've usually had great service from Samsung... but this is making me think twice about getting a new Samsung
0 Likes
Clare49
Explorer
Options

They have refused to repair mine too £309 which I’m not paying as in 3,4,9 months time it will happen again. I am currently awaiting its return. I will not be letting this drop. I will be contacting BBC RIP OFF BRITAIN. Completing every review possible. I have seen it’s been suggested contact tech youtubers they carry some clout. Failing the above I’m considering the small claims court 

Clare49
Explorer
Options

Exactly the same as mine, I’m awaiting mine to come back from Samsung as I refused to pay, once I have it back will be taking pics and posting as many as I can online,  I can afford to but I won’t, same will happen again in a few months plus I never dropped it. I’m horrified with Samsung please contact BBC RIP OFF BRITAIN. I’ve a friend with contacts at the telegraph I’m going down that route too.

icdbdis
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same issue. I'm a light phone user. After 1 years 2 months, my Z3 Flip 5G has a broken line of pixels across the width of the phone where it folds. The top half of the screen no longer registers inputs. Random multiple inputs are registered where the internal break appears to be, which makes the phone unusable when open.

Really, really disappointed with the level of support provided by Samsung. The direction is all geared towards a repair, rather than a return. And, if I read this thread correctly, I can expect Samsung to claim that my perfect condition phone is damaged when it is most definitely not.

This is a design issue. I will be returning the phone. I'll see the course of action through and consider contacting BBC rip off britain. Thanks for the pointer.

0 Likes