Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold4 Region Lock

(Topic created on: 30-12-2022 05:41 PM)
Snapples
First Poster
Options

In the past when I have purchased Samsung phones they have come 'Region Locked' and usually the sticker on the box warns you about this.

I have rently purchased a Z Fold 4 and on the box sticker there is no warning about a region lock. Have Samsung stopped Refion Locking their phones?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I never noticed this warning on any of my phones.
Each region will have a different model number and software feature differences.
The phones will work if the cell bands are correct.
Just things like Samsung Pay won't work
0 Likes
Snapples
First Poster
Options
Apparently once you make 5 mins of voice calls in the region you purchased the phone the region lock lifts.

I took a S10 plus to Thailand a few years back and when I inserted a Thai sim a message popped up on the screen saying Region Locked, however I hadn't made any calls to lift the lock before travelling. Luckily I found a Samsung shop and they helped me to lift the region lock.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well it's likely that the same process still exists
0 Likes
Snapples
First Poster
Options
Samsung no longer put on their boxes a warning about the handset being region locked, they used to.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you in the UK?
Looked at a couple of old Samsung boxes I have and nothing printed on them. Could be the labels have come off. Just never noticed it before
0 Likes
Snapples
First Poster
Options
Yes I'm in the UK. I'm due to travel in February and don't want to go through the same headache.

As recommended on various websites I've made over 5 minutes of calls so hopefully if their was a region lock it's now lifted.
0 Likes