Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold3 inner screen no longer working

(Topic created on: 27-09-2022 04:48 PM)
SteveTUK
Explorer
Options
I opened my Z Fold3 and discovered a large thick black line down the centre fold and the right hand side of the screen is no longer responsive to touch.

The device hasn't been dropped or damaged and there isn't any cracking or damage to the screen.

Can anyone advise? I've only had the handset since January so not long at all.

The Samsung website just seems to want to send me for a £400 screen replacement but I haven't caused any damage.
30 REPLIES 30
AndrewL
Options

@SteveTUK: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your Galaxy Z Fold3. If you press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, does the issue persist? If so, please head to the Phone app, dial *#0*# into the telephone keypad, and check the Red, Green and Blue tiles. Does the line appear during any of these screen tests? If so then I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk via the link below, where an advisor will be able to arrange for the device to be inspected and repaired by an authorised Samsung engineer. Our warranty covers software and hardware defects, so any issues that fall into these categories will be repaired free of charge. If the engineer deems the fault to be the result of physical or liquid damage then a charge will be applicable, however please be assured that any costs will be communicated to you prior to the service going ahead, allowing you the chance to opt in or out of the repair. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options
Hi AndrewL. I am sorry to mention this but the amount of people that have been charged for "damage " to their phones thus making the screen replacement chargeable is beyond a joke. There is definitely a problem with the screen protector coming away from the screen so why won't Samsung accept this and either do the repair for free or find another solution. The flip 3 and the fold 3 both have the same problem and if you remove the protector yourself then it, according to Samsung, is definitely chargeable when you can remove the protector on any other phone and its not a problem. Sorry to have a rant but its beyond a joke and needs sorting out. I love every Samsung phone I have had and really think this problem is not doing such a great company any good at all.I have the flip3 and had the same problem with the middle of the screen peeling away to the point I couldn't see my screen so I have removed it as I can't afford to pay for a replacement or be without my phone as my wife is disabled and I am her full time carer.
SteveTUK
Explorer
Options
I'm having very little luck getting Samsung to even book a repair (warranty or insurance, whichever at this point!). Did you get your issue resolved?
silentinfinity
First Poster
Options

I just had this exact issue happen to me a couple hours ago.  Black line went down the center of the fold interior screen so it's dark.  The left side will occasionally flicker but the image loads except for that center line.  And the right side screen won't recognize touch at all.

Members_I72Iwg5
First Poster
Options

I also had the same issue today. The screen protector started lifting in the middle of the screen after the first days of high temperature in the UK back in June. I have been unable to book a service since then despite contacting Samsung over the phone several times: same answer "book via the website". This doesn't even work. Now the inner screen is useless and none of the options apply when I try to book a repair for this issue... The Z-Fold 3 is probably my last Samsung phone. I will get rid of it as soon as I manage to get it repaired. Well done Samsung!

PaulHen
Student
Options

Yep happened to me - bought phone in December and the black line appeared in August.  I decided to pay £519 to replace the screen using we fix (samsungs official repairer) and the screen lasted 6 days, im in warrenty but none of the above want to help - disgusted.  Deffinately my last Samsung product and adising people not to buy

SteveTUK
Explorer
Options
Sorry to hear others are having the same - it seems widespread and a fault with the device. Samsung are still refusing to book the repair for me and insisting I call them to go through troubleshooting, all of which I've already done *shrugs* they just don't want to know. I'll never buy another Samsung product again and will also be telling everyone of my experience.
Braily
First Poster
Options

Same issue.
Sounds like a class action suit waiting to happen.
Anyone ....?

bungle122
First Poster
Options
Hi guys
Had a split in the fold area after 4 months, sent off to samsung, then had the dreaded email non warranty repair please send £410!!!!so had a chat with a samsung technician who sent a few pictures of dents in the screen, so it's got a split, the screen still works,so I said I will leave it a few days to think about it,so on to our friend Google well lots of the same issues in every country,lots of tech people who do long term testing, months in screen protector cracking,then out of the blue a samsung tech is on the phone asking if I want to go through with the repair, after 20 minutes going through all the issues I had found out on the net,I said no send it back, lots of tech testers in USA queuing out of samsung outlets for screen repair,not a good advert,phone came back 4 days later with a new screen protector on,did check it was my original phone no charge,now I've got the black screen when I open it,I brought a s20 5g while the fold was being repaired, have still got it so going to use that then send the fold off again, see what they say hopefully get repaired under warranty ,then sell it on ,very disappointing as I've always had a samsung phone 😭😭