Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z fold 4 screen broken

(Topic created on: 17-02-2023 05:06 PM)
AK
Explorer
Options

Hi, my z fold 4 inner screen cracked last night, just 6 weeks after having the phone.

I heard a Crack sound while folding the phone and found out that black line along the hinge line.

Have any one experienced such a thing? 

Is it covered under basic warranty ? 

Thanks 

Go to solution
103 REPLIES 103
samboyplease
First Poster
Options
Hi. My Samsung z fold 4 screen has cracked. 7 months old Samsung say its not under warranty. This can't be right.
CDJH
First Poster
Options
Same think just happened to mine. Heard a click, opened it up again. Screen is on, but touch doesn't work and there is a black line down the middle
Antexx
First Poster
Options

Yep, I got the same issue. There is a cracked sound, and it makes bubbles 🫧 in the center of the screen.

IMG_20230522_165217.jpg

IMG_20230522_165215.jpg

0 Likes
AK
Explorer
Options

Sorry to hear that it happened to you too,

I have tried everything with samsung KSA but no good.

Cause I have the sames bubbles under the screen , they said it's a miss use and I have to pay around 800$ if want to fix it.

0 Likes
HolmPC
Explorer
Options

I've just had the exact same thing happen to me after 6 months. I've been really careful with the phone, it's not been dropped or ever been wet, and it's always opened and closed very carefully. Samsung are going to pick it up for repair but I'll be without it for quite a while and the support chat left me very uneasy about whether it'll be covered by warranty. I'm disgusted that such an expensive phone is obviously suffering from a serious problem that a lot of people are suffering from without much real customer support.

0 Likes
Members_GQNbvUR
First Poster
Options

I have had the exact same issue like MOST fold and flip customers, Samsung will wriggle out of the "warranty" by attributing the fault to the customer...this is a scam and is illegal, under the 2015 consumer rights act, if a faulty product is sold, then the customer is entitled to a repair or replacement, this is a known fault due to excessive dust ingress, these phones do not have an ip68 rating, so the dust ingress damages the delicate fold mechanism which causes the now famous "black line of death" ..any minor wear and tear on the phone is deamed by Samsung to be customer damage which is a load of rubbish, they are trying to wriggle out of their legal responsibility as a manufacturer and passing the cost onto once loyal customers

0 Likes
HolmPC
Explorer
Options

So is there anything we can do collectively? An ombudsman we can complain to?

Fold 4
Apprentice
Options

It happened with me, I closed the fold screen last night and today morning found that it isnt working and there is a big line right in the center on the hinge mark. I went to service center and they are refusing to accept the phone though it is under warranty. Do we accept pathetic service from samsung?

Solution
HolmPC
Explorer
Options

I've sent mine off for warranty repair and am waiting to find out if they'll accept it as a warranty case. There's no reason they shouldn't, no marks on it, always been in a case, immaculate condition. If they don't the least I will do is find as many reviews/forum posts/youtube channels as I can and shout about it, never buy another Samsung product, tell all my customers (I run an IT support business) about it and advise them against Samsung, blog about it, and try to complain to the ombudsman. I will also consider writing to Which? in the UK and if enough of us do that I'd hope they'd have to take it seriously. I'm not optimistic, but have to feel like I'm doing something rather than bending over and letting Samsung...

They can't be allowed to get away with selling such a high priced piece of cr@p and then ignoring customer complaints. Not without a fight.

In the US we could start a class action against them, but I have no idea what powers we have in the UK. Any suggestions welcome.

AK
Explorer
Options

Count me in, it needs to be against samsung folds and flips, we are not supposed to pay extra 50% of the phone price just to fix there sh.t, and who knows when it gonna crack again !!!!!

Maybe we can start with tech content creators (the clean ones)