Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 4 My First Impressions

(Topic created on: 21-08-2022 02:13 PM)
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

So after months of speculation. It's here and in my hands.

The Galaxy Z Fold 4.

The box is minimalist with the design with the name front and centre to leave you with no doubt what's inside. 

First of all the packaging with the pamphlets, charging lead and sim ejection tool

Below that is the main event.
The Galaxy Z Fold 4

It's fully wrapped up in a protective covering and just peels off.

There is no screen protector on it, so it's worth ordering one when you purchase the phone.
Also no charger, so can order one of these while your there.

So first thing I noticed is the crease is not as pronounced as the Z Fold 3.
I will do a comparison post between the two soon.
But the phone feels premium. 
I got the grey/green colour.

It has similar coloured polished frame edges. Hopefully this finish will be durable and won't scratch easily. 

All the buttons are basically the same as the Galaxy Z Fold 3, including the SIM tray.

Large speaker grills with plenty of microphone holes.

The camera bump doesn't stick out too much and the cameras seem to be slightly larger than the Galaxy Z Fold 3.
But again I will cover this in a comparison post.

First impressions of the screens. 

Well they look amazing with such bright and vibrant colours. 
Samsung just do the best looking screens 

So that's just a quick First impression and got more bits to come.
Have you ordered or thinking about getting one?
Let us know in the comments. 
Any questions, feel free to ask 🙂
23 REPLIES 23
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Some good updates there @Rob99 

I still enjoy using my Fold³ 👍

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I was at a Samsung pop up in Westfield London, tried mainly the front screen Fold4 vs my Fold3 with Aramid case on, agree that the changes to size sound minor but in reality make the front screen so much easier to use.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Only a small change, but the front screen is so much more usable for me. I can do so much more with it
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
100% agree I tried a side by side texting, was so much better, usually anything requiring typing I unfold.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]